Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert from Cue/FLAC to CBR 256 Stereo using Foo/DB (Read 2598 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert from Cue/FLAC to CBR 256 Stereo using Foo/DB

Hey All:

I haven't done much converting in some time but I've gotten ahold of Foo and DB PowerAmp and am getting absolutely nowhere trying to convert albums in FLAC format with CUE files. I've got FOO and DB and I keep getting error messages. Kind of frustrating.

I want to go from a FLAC file with a CUE file to individual mp3's I can slide into iTunes.

I am guessing this should not be an impossible process but I cannot figure out the various command-line switches.

I'm assuming I've got to convert the one entire album file from FLAC to WAV then use the CUE to convert the one WAV file to individual MP3 tracks (format Track # - Song Title). Again, not that hard and I feel sort of foolish that I've thus far been unable to get this resolved.

Any help?

Thanks in advance  8)

Re: Convert from Cue/FLAC to CBR 256 Stereo using Foo/DB

Reply #1
If the cue sheets are correct the process is very simple. Drag a cue to foobar2000 playlist, right click on the loaded tracks, select "Convert" -> "...". Select MP3 as output format. No need to touch any commands.

If you get errors you need to post them. If you don't have lame.exe for MP3 encoding you can easily add it to foobar2000 by installing Free Encoder Pack.

Reply #2
Thanks for the quick reply -- I've got LAME so that's not an issue, but I specifically want to convert a lot of the FLAC stuff I've got to replace Joint Stereo media I've got rolling around in iTunes. I want to make sure before I start doing heavy-duty conversion how to go from taking a two-file situation (eg a huge FLAC file and a cue sheet) and turn it into a bunch of 256CBR stereo tracks I can stick into iTunes.

I am hoping to find some sort of step-by-step tutorial and a basic breakdown of the command-line parameters I need to accomplish this.

Am I wrong to assume I should convert the FLAC file to a WAV? I know I can directly convert FLAC to MP3 but not sure really what the best process -- again, step by step -- I should take.

Thanks again in advance BTW  ;D

Reply #3
My apologies for the delay in responding -- I'm trying to convert DSF files to mp3 using LAME. Not sure what the problem is:

This is the error message I received...

Source: "S:\Music\(DSF)Queen - A Kind Of Magic YERAYCITO MASTER SERIES V\01 - One Vision.dsf"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "S:\Music\(DSF)Queen - A Kind Of Magic YERAYCITO MASTER SERIES V\mp3\Queen\A Kind Of Magic YMS V\01. One Vision.mp3"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 24bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlacSquisher\lame.exe" -- cbr -f s-b 256 - "01. One Vision.mp3"
  Working folder: S:\Music\(DSF)Queen - A Kind Of Magic YERAYCITO MASTER SERIES V\mp3\Queen\A Kind Of Magic YMS V\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

Foobar plays fine -- I've got plenty of hardware muscle -- so I'm not sure why this isn't going through.

I'm looking for 256CBR / stereo mp3s. The naming and the other stuff is completely secondary. I'm assuming this is a conversion issue.

Thanks again for any help.

-B-

Reply #4
Your command line parameters are nonsense. "-- cbr" should be "--cbr", "-f" lowers your quality, "s-b 256" means nothing for the encoder as it isn't interpreted as a valid parameter.

You probably tried to use "--cbr -m s -b 256" to get simple stereo 256 kbps CBR, but do not do that. Joint stereo is superior.

Reply #5
You may also need a resampler, as DSF will already be a really high sample rate, even reduced by 1/8th as is the default.

Reply #6
Much appreciated...
So assuming I am looking for 256 and Stereo -- or Joint Stereo -- how should I fill out the command line?

Reply #7
Code: [Select]
-S --noreplaygain -b 256 - %d

Reply #8
My apologies for the delay in responding and thanking you -- but much appreciated  8)