Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Slightly confused about facets (Read 2044 times) previous topic - next topic

Slightly confused about facets

Hi all,
I have been struggling a bit with my Foobar setup and it appears no amount of google-ing and wiki-ing can save me :c

Here is a screenshot of my setup:

- Area #1 is an Album List
- Area #2 is the Facet plugin
- Area #3 is SimPlaylist (or any other playlist viewer)

I am trying to make my setup have the following properties:
- Area #3 is the current playlist at all times
- When I click a folder or subfolder in area #1, its content is displayed in area #2
- Content can be drag and dropped (or double clicked) from area #1/#2 into area #3

My first attempt was to set the source of Area #2 to "Library". The result is that area #2 ignores my selection from area #1 and always display my entire library. If I change the source to "Playlist" and activate the "Library view selection playlist" option of the Media Library, then I get area #2 to display my selection from area #1 (yay!)…but area #3 also displays that same selection instead of being an actual playlist.

Any help towards fixing my setup would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Reply #1
There is no (direct) interaction between Facets and Album List. They can communicate throught the "Library view selection playlist" as you have discovered but they know nothing about each other. There may still be a way. There are third-party playlist viewers which can be pinned to a specific playlist instead of always showing the active playlist. As I have not used these so far I unfortunately cannot provide you with the details.

Reply #2
I's puzzling about this same issue. How about setting up a facets filter for the purpose? Is there a query syntax that refers to the album list selection?
It looks like the Library Viewer Selection playlist works as an autoplaylist, so I guess virtually there's an underlying query code that could be used as a facets filter (provided that moving the focus on the facets panel doesn't trigger a circular reference).
I'm late

Reply #3
...snip...
- Area #1 is an Album List
- Area #2 is the Facet plugin
- Area #3 is SimPlaylist (or any other playlist viewer)
...snip...

Can you explain how I can integrate another element [foo_dop for example] into the foobar interface along with Facets? I somehow got Facets to integrate so that when I start foobar it is the only thing I see. But, I want to integrate other element as you have?