Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I can't get foobar2000 to create CUE sheets since updating to v1.3.16 (Read 4146 times) previous topic - next topic

I can't get foobar2000 to create CUE sheets since updating to v1.3.16

Hello,

Usually when I rip a CD to FLAC and rip it as one file rather than individual tracks, foobar will create a CUE sheet to go with the FLAC file. However, ever since I updated to version 1.3.16, I end up with just a FLAC file (and no CUE sheet) no matter what I do.
When I play the FLAC file, it does appear to have the tracks seperated, as if the CUE sheet somehow is embedded within the FLAC file.
Why is it doing this, and how do I get it to create a CUE sheet when ripping, like it used to do?

Re: I can't get foobar2000 to create CUE sheets since updating to v1.3.16

Reply #1
What version did you upgrade from? The converter has embedded the cue sheet for all image formats that support it at least since foobar2000 v0.9. That version was released in 2006.

You can manually save the cue sheet from the FLAC to external file. You can access the embedded cue from right click context menu Utilities -> Edit cuesheet.

Another option to get external cue sheet is to extract your CDs to a format that doesn't support embedding. WAV is good choice. You can then convert the image to FLAC manually and edit the cue to point to the .flac file instead of original .wav file.

Reply #2
I upgraded from the version that came out right before the latest one. Not sure why that version was creating CUE sheets by default without me having to manually extract them from the FLAC file. Really strange.
Anyway, thank you for the explanation. When I extract the CUE sheet from the FLAC, does that strip the FLAC file of the embedded CUE sheet, or will it still be embedded and I just end up with an external CUE sheet which then basically is redundant?

Reply #3
I just tested foobar2000 v1.3.15 and CD extracted to FLAC image had embedded cue.

When I extract the CUE sheet from the FLAC, does that strip the FLAC file of the embedded CUE sheet
The cuesheet editor has a checkbox "Enable embedded cue sheet on this file" at the bottom. If you untick it and apply the changes with the OK button the embedded cue will be removed.

Reply #4
Thank you!