Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_Tbar (Read 14603 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_Tbar

Well, I finally found a place to host this file.

This plugin is an enhanced version of the gen_tbar plugin from winamp.

Foo_Tbar basically places metadata information, for the currently playing song, on the titlebar of the currently active window.

You can download it here.

This has been through the Korean torture test by wooyong, but if you still find bugs, PM me.

Thanks and enjoy.
SMF007

Foo_Tbar

Reply #1
I suppose you can´t stop the blinking?

Foo_Tbar

Reply #2
Using it now, seems very good.

Edit: Flickering seems minimal here, barely even notice it.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #3
Same here..works nice, though windows like mIRC that updates a lot tend to flicker.

btw wonderful plugin!

Foo_Tbar

Reply #4
Flickering?  Did you try the redraw old caption option?

I only notice the ocasional flicker on both my w2k machine and my nt4 box at work.  I'll consider the flickering "undocumented feature", and put it on the TODO list to look into more.

Thanks guys.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #5
Nice plugin indeed.  Keep up the good work.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #6

psyqil you are using samurize correct?  Have you tried the plugin while samurize is not running?  I am thinking samurize might be repainting the screen a lot, therefore tripping out foo_tbar's painting, thus the blinking.

It seems that window's that repaint themselves a lot can seriously be out of sync with foo_tbar's repaint.  I have a few ideas already on possible fixes.  But I think to fix it, the plugin with use more CPU. 

Foo_Tbar

Reply #7

psyqil you are using samurize correct?

;-) I don´t have the slightest idea, I just saw the winamp option in it...nah, just kidding, thank you for asking, samurize is okay, hell, you just made me laugh out loud as I haven´t expected to do so today ;-) Your plugin is great, just say the timing is bad, let´s check on this tomorrow! ;-)

Foo_Tbar

Reply #8
hey there, love your plugin. You've come 1 step closer to the interface enhancements i've made to winamp.

Dunno if you've tried the beesknees winamp titlebar plugin, but that has buttons for changing tracks, i'd like to see that. You can add or remove buttons to suit your preferences.

If you could add those you'd be my hero. Keep up the good work.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #9
Great plugin!  I see no flickering, except when resizing/draggin windows, which is perfectly acceptable as I don't read tag info when resizing/tagging

I second the idea that buttons for changing tracks, and maybe even play, pause and stop, would be very nice in such a plugin.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #10

psyqil you are using samurize correct?

;-) I don´t have the slightest idea, I just saw the winamp option in it...nah, just kidding, thank you for asking, samurize is okay, hell, you just made me laugh out loud as I haven´t expected to do so today ;-) Your plugin is great, just say the timing is bad, let´s check on this tomorrow! ;-)

Sorry psyqil, I phrased that wrong.  You are using samurize?  I wasn't trying to imply that you weren't using samurize correctly, just that I was correct that you were using samurize.  Does that make sense now?

Foo_Tbar

Reply #11
On the topic of the buttons.  I seem to remember someone else made a plugin for that one.  Unforunately I can't find that thread now.

I look into this as a I have some code from one of the winamp ones.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #12
Lovely plugin! 
It will be even better if I can use %filename% and %directoryname% for display formating. I'm not used to write any tag....

Foo_Tbar

Reply #13
If you don't have a tag, it will internally default to %filename%, so as such %filename% will work, and no you don't need tags.

As for %directoryname%, it isn't part of the metadata as far as I know (anybody know otherwise??).  %_directoryname% will give you the last folder name though.  eg:
c:\program files\music\ogg\new folder
%_directoryname% will give you  new folder

Foo_Tbar

Reply #14
very nice but it reloads to often. in internet explorer when the titel bar changes because of an link you click on it reloads. if you resize the window it reloads too. not necessary

Foo_Tbar

Reply #15
I should have posted this link before. this is NOT a plugin for foobar. It's the winamp titlebar plugin for demonstration purposes. Take a look, i'd like to have a clone if possible

http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/software/

If you can copy this  i'll be very tempted to switch completely over to foobar.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #16
thx, I got it.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #17
I suggested this earlier, the idea is great. Unfortunately this plugin irritates me more than it helps.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #18
Well I think I may solved the flickering issue.

Try the preview release of the updated version of foo_tbar.  For winnt, w2k and xp only!

Foo_Tbar

Reply #19
Still flickering on my system.  (WinXP SP1)  I don't think it's as bad, but it's still flicker.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #20
This plugin is brilliant. I love it [love at first sight  ], but i have little request. If it is possible i want to have T_Bar on 'non using window' [i dont know that i write this properly, i have polish windows, if you want i can make screanshot of my request]. When i have small window with my 'Gadu-Gadu' [polish ICQ] chat i dont see T_Bar info in this window, so i want to have it on next / back window e.g. Internet Explorer.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']01100110 01101111 01101111 01100010 01100001 01110010 00110010 00110000 00110000 00110000[/span]

Foo_Tbar

Reply #21
Curi0us_George are you using the winxp skin mode or the classic mode?  I just ask because in w2k I haven't been able to get this new version to flicker (even on mirc and foobar itself).

Apach, I don't know if that is possible, but I am not that familiar with the winapi.  I'll keep my eye out for any information that might make that possible.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #22
Really great plugin !!! Thanks .

unfortunately, I have the flicker too on WinXP (with Style XP)

Foo_Tbar

Reply #23
Curi0us_George are you using the winxp skin mode or the classic mode?  I just ask because in w2k I haven't been able to get this new version to flicker (even on mirc and foobar itself).

Skinned mode.  Standard Luna Silver.

Foo_Tbar

Reply #24
Apach, I don't know if that is possible, but I am not that familiar with the winapi.  I'll keep my eye out for any information that might make that possible.

It will be great.

Good job once again !

I have the flicker too on WinXP (with Style XP)

the same...

Buttons [play, next...] its good idea.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']01100110 01101111 01101111 01100010 01100001 01110010 00110010 00110000 00110000 00110000[/span]