Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: rating buttons (Read 2774 times) previous topic - next topic

rating buttons

Hi, hard task probably - but is it possible to add buttons (saying 1--5) that change the RATING tag to the number pressed on the toolbar (for the currently playing item, and if there is none, the currently selected track)? Thanks in advance
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

rating buttons

Reply #1
Hi, hard task probably - but is it possible to add buttons (saying 1--5) that change the RATING tag to the number pressed on the toolbar (for the currently playing item, and if there is none, the currently selected track)? Thanks in advance

I dont know about using the default UI, but under columns ui it is possible.  I just did it the other day.

I set up 5 scripts in masstagger that set the ratings to values 1 - 5.  Then I added buttons for each by right clicking on my buttons in columns ui and selecting customize. 

I then added buttons and changed their command to

command group: Context Menu Items
command: Tagging/Scripts/Rating = 1
item group: current playlist selection

I changed all the buttons display to "Text", and made checked the "use custom text" and renamed all of them to 1, 2... 5.
There used to be a link to my website here.

rating buttons

Reply #2

I dont know about using the default UI, but under columns ui it is possible.  I just did it the other day.

I set up 5 scripts in masstagger that set the ratings to values 1 - 5.  Then I added buttons for each by right clicking on my buttons in columns ui and selecting customize. 

I then added buttons and changed their command to

command group: Context Menu Items
command: Tagging/Scripts/Rating = 1
item group: current playlist selection

I changed all the buttons display to "Text", and made checked the "use custom text" and renamed all of them to 1, 2... 5.

Thanks, it worked!
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)