Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: tagging and fb2k (w/ foo_freedb) (Read 2340 times) previous topic - next topic

tagging and fb2k (w/ foo_freedb)

in my continued search for an elegant single file lossless solution...

i have been experimenting quite a bit with the embedded cuesheet function of flac.  i use eac's "copy image and create cuesheet" feature.  then the flac frontend to compress the wav, embed the cuesheet, and apply replaygain.  flac strips out the individual track info from the cuesheet in the process, but keeps artist and album data and stores the replaygain info. 

with the newest version of fb2k, the file is imported in the database with the correct artist, album tags, and replaygain info, but no info for track names.

i then use the foo_freedb to fill in the missing track info and it works like a charm!  but, it only seems to put the info in the database, and does not write any data to the tag itself.

my question - is there a way to copy the data from the database into the actual file tag, therefore allowing file portability.  i have been reading through the archives and can't seem to find a definitive answer.  i believe that the file structure can support it (?vorbis?), but not sure how to accomplish.  is there another plugi that i am missing?

brett