Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 119617 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #725
Sorry but I can't reproduce, despite trying to mimic want seem to be your settings. I assume you using bio v1.2.0 as there was a possible relevant fix since the betas.

Do you have any insight into how to reproduce? Is the device busy when it happens? If images can't immediately be read from disk, that could delay loading but they should still load after a while.

You could try resetting panel properties (ensure you create a back-up first) and server settings [.yttm\biography.cfg] (should automatically back-up).

If the problem persists, then you could post the problematical panel properties & server settings to see if I can spot anything.

Reply #726
Awesome plugin! I'm not sure how I didn't discover it before.

Anyways, I saw a few people request this way back in the thread, but didn't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible to run multiple instances that use different tags for searching (eg. artist, composer, etc)? I'd like to have a tabbed panel with one tab for each working independently.

Thanks!

Reply #727
Awesome plugin! I'm not sure how I didn't discover it before.

Anyways, I saw a few people request this way back in the thread, but didn't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible to run multiple instances that use different tags for searching (eg. artist, composer, etc)? I'd like to have a tabbed panel with one tab for each working independently.

Thanks!

Took the initiative and did a simple mod to do this in addition to searching compositions. Not the cleanest, but I've made the code available here: https://github.com/mayanez/WilB-Biography-Mod The package .zip can be downloaded from the releases page.

@WilB I couldn't find a GitHub repo for the project, not sure if you have one. Just a suggestion, posting your code there might make it easier to make contributions :)

Reply #728
Thanks for your helpful contribution, which I have now looked at in detail.

1) I've added the ability to set the server used on a panel specific basis.

2) I've added a 'Classical music mode' in which allmusic is searched by composition instead of album. This didn't require a separate server instance, just the ability to set the composition tag to be used and a context menu item to enable on a per panel basis. It avoids changing %BIO_ALBUM% which broke other functionality.

I wasn't sure about your fuzzy matching method for the composition search. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, given the extra matching difficulties with compositions, but AFAICT it accepted a match level of .33 (33%) which didn't seem rigorous enough to me. FuzzySet was used to return best match, which needn't be a good one since it was set at .33. That matched title was then passed into the inbuilt utility match checker, which just accepted it as it was in the list.

So I'm inclined to rework that, such that FuzzySet sorts the response, which is then checked in match order by inbuilt utility match checker. It will give a choice over whether or not to include partial matches. If partial matching is on, the fuzzy match minimum would be 80%.

The new features should be in the next version + some more exciting stuff...

Reply #729
Glad it’s useful  :))

So the way I integrated the FuzzySet to work with the existing matches was simply to minimize changes in case I had to maintain the fork going forward. Excellent news to hear that it’s going to be “mainlined”! I used the default 0.33 as I wasn’t sure what a good value was. I’d need to log a number of queries to get a better idea. Ideally, the internal matched should get entirely replaced by FuzzySet since it does more than just Levenshtein matching which is lacking for the complexity of composition names.

Additionally, slightly related, I was going to start working on adding Wikidata/Wikipedia as an additional source of data. It helps fill in some of the blanks with allmusic. Not sure if this is something you’ll eventually want to merge as well.

Looking forward to the new version!

Reply #730
Stopped displaying and downloading from the fins.fm photo, I don't understand why, updated to the latest beta

Reply #731
I restarted the player several times and even rebooted the computer until I found the "reload" button in the drop-down menu, it worked

Reply #732
the second time it crashes today when trying to update (((

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.0 ({5A0A6AEC-AF5F-445E-8BC8-1F6340F822F7}: Biography v1.2.0 by WilB): initialized in 15 ms

Machine specifications:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400T CPU @ 1.70GHz, features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2
CPU threads: 6
(3- CA CXA80 1.0)

Reply #733
You should not be using SMP v1.6.0.

https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases

!!!
!!! DON'T USE THIS VERSION, USE v1.5.2 INSTEAD !!!
!!!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021