Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Split Cuefile at commandline (Read 3897 times) previous topic - next topic

Split Cuefile at commandline

Hello Forum,

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post.
Question, can you point or advice me to a command/program to split a flac or wav cue file into separated audiofiles. This command/program need to be executed from a commandline. Platform is windows.
Notice that the program 'sox' is already installed.

Goal is to use this command in a perl script to manage my audio data.

Thanks in advance and any input is welcome.

Rick Rutgers
Deventer / The Netherlands

Re: Split Cuefile at commandline

Reply #1
A search found this thread giving multiple options.

So, shntool might be what you're after that works in Windows.

Reply #2
Hello Jaybeee, first thanks for your quick reaction.
I've seen the shntool, but i could not found (after a long search) how to download or install the shntool for windows.
It you have any idea, or a link, please let me know.

Greetz Rick

Reply #4
Not saying that the CUETools command line is an ideal tool for the Church of the CLI - it "returns" an open window for status - but since you need CUETools anyway: http://cue.tools/wiki/Command-line_Tools

cuetools.exe /convert mycuesheet.cue will do what the GUI would do if you dumped the mycuesheet.cue into the window and selected Convert.

Reply #5
The thread linked by jaybeee is referring to this cuetools
korth

Reply #6
Ah ... so just like there are two independent mp3tag developed, there are two independent cuetools. Generic names ... 

Reply #7
refalac can read cue sheets and output to per-track files or single image file with chapters.
The output format is ALAC in M4A by default, but WAV and ALAC/PCM in CAF are also supported.
Tags are written to the output files (except for WAV), and you can convert them to whatever you want by ffmpeg, preserving tags.

Reply #8
Wonder why it need to be a command line.
As most media players can do this job (Foobar, Musicbee) etc. ,
just select the files you want to be split in file per track and be done with it.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #9
Hello Forum,
First thanks for those who replied and i like to get back on this issue.
Roseval: it has to be commandline because this process needs to be excuted from a (perl) script without any user-dialog.

It seems that 'shnsplit' can do the job and now two questions:
Q1) is shnsplit available/working on a windows system?
Q2) after seatsching and searching. Where can i download or installed shnsplit? Notice here that shntool is already installed.

Thanks in advance  8)
Rick   (Deventer)

Reply #10
Hello Forum,
First thanks for those who replied and i like to get back on this issue.
Roseval: it has to be commandline because this process needs to be excuted from a (perl) script without any user-dialog.

It seems that 'shnsplit' can do the job and now two questions:
Q1) is shnsplit available/working on a windows system?
Q2) after seatsching and searching. Where can i download or installed shnsplit? Notice here that shntool is already installed.

Thanks in advance  8)
Rick   (Deventer)

I don't know whether it is available on MS Windows, but if you're not afraid of the CLI you could consider installing WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) and Debian or Ubuntu. You can then install it via the regular repositories. The package is 'shntool' and you probably also need to install the 'cuetools' package. Which is something else than MS Windows CUETools btw.

Reply #11
shnsplit is just a symbolic link to shntool, same as a bunch of other tools:
Code: [Select]
]$ ls -l /usr/bin/shn*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shncat -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shncmp -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnconv -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shncue -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnfix -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shngen -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnhash -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shninfo -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnjoin -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnlen -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnpad -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnsplit -> shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shnstrip -> shntool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 302584 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shntool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      7 Jul 29  2019 /usr/bin/shntrim -> shntool
shntool detects with which name (or through which link) it was called and switches to appropriate mode.

Reply #12
I just the other day wrote a thing for bash, but if you aren't averse to using windows subsystem for linux or finding an Awk binary somewhere and porting the difference, it should work.

https://github.com/adrian-sal-kennedy/rpp-to-cue

there's two scripts - one that takes a Reaper project file with CD markers in it and turns it into a cuesheet, and another that takes a cuesheet and splits it using ffmpeg.