Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creative Inspire 7900 volume oscillation (Read 2993 times) previous topic - next topic

Creative Inspire 7900 volume oscillation

Heys guys,

I've been getting lots of volume oscillations lately. I'm listening to something at an acceptable volume, and suddently, without warning or any obvious reason, it will scale up and down randomly, like if someone is playing with the volume controller. Initially I thought it was related to outdated creative drivers or some kind of obscure setting, but after a recent Windows reformat and updated drivers the problem persists. It is also reproducible under Linux.
I eventually learned that it's the volume controller fault. If the volume wheel is at a certain position, the little bastard will start DJ'ing my audio output. And that's not all: three friends of mine, with similar setups, are having the exact same problem! Creative obviously messed this up, as it seems to be a massive defect.
For those who don't know the setup, here's a picture of it.

I was wondering if anyone here would be experiencing the same problem... and if there's something we can do for creative to compensate us somehow... This thing wasn't that cheap.

Creative Inspire 7900 volume oscillation

Reply #1
Happened with the controller on my Inspire 4.1.

You can always start a class action suit