Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Progress indicator when in silent/quiet mode (Read 2401 times) previous topic - next topic

Progress indicator when in silent/quiet mode

As I barge through the Lossless Compression Performance Test, I realized that only WavPack provides a progress indicator while operating in quiet mode, in the form of "xx% (WavPack)" replacing the command-line Window's title.

IMO this is a nice feature. Perhaps this is not *that* useful, but since I compress a multitude of files using batchfiles, I force all compressor to run in silent/quiet mode, redirecting them to nul if the compressor does not provide a quiet mode (Lossless Audio: shame on you...  ) Of course this means I lost the progress bar, and is left wondering how the compression has progressed. Except for WavPack.