Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cue_ex (Read 46388 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cue_ex

Reply #25
Well, I finally got around to do some testing. I downloaded the latest version (0.4) and did some albums with it.
So far it works flawlessly, great job!

FYI, I'm running xp sp2.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #26
Well, I finally got around to do some testing. I downloaded the latest version (0.4) and did some albums with it.
So far it works flawlessly, great job!

FYI, I'm running xp sp2.

Good news.  Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I uploaded 0.4 yesterday I think - just a couple of minor internal changes to 0.3, but I don't think I'll be doing anything to it for the foreseeable so I thought I may as well uploaded (but didn't bother announcing it).

One new feature is the ability to pass a mask on the command line, so you may use:

Code: [Select]
CUEMAKE.EXE "E:\CDBackup\Green Day\American Idiot" "%artist%\%album%\%tracknumber% - %title%.wav"

Last time I used CueMake (yesterday) I found it easiest to just run it like that.

I may well turn it into a .NET console app for the next release - just so you get a bit of feedback while it's running.

Thanks again.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #27
Check the Components menu, there are two new options there
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286013"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could anybody here with a working foo_cue_ex-Plugin post his/her foobar2000 configuration and installed plugins? I'm in desperate need of a program that has the functionality of exporting a cue-sheet of a playlist. The way of decoding to wav, then running the program presented later in this thread does not apply since it involves too much disk space and time needed.

Unfortunately, I'm active in Java programming only, so I'm unable to pick up the work of the original author. Anybody here who may become involved with the task?

Thanks,

Michael

foo_cue_ex

Reply #28
I agree that a foobar component would make the most sense in this situation.

I also believe it would be relatively easy for a C++ programmer with a little SDK experience to create.

@species007, out of interest: how do you require the cuesheet to be formatted, one file per track, or one file for the whole playlist?  I.e.: do you want to component to treat all tracks as if they were one file, or as separate files?
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #29
I agree that a foobar component would make the most sense in this situation.

I also believe it would be relatively easy for a C++ programmer with a little SDK experience to create.

@species007, out of interest: how do you require the cuesheet to be formatted, one file per track, or one file for the whole playlist?  I.e.: do you want to component to treat all tracks as if they were one file, or as separate files?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't know what routines the foobar SDK provides to 3rd party programmers. In my opinion, the main reason for using a foobar-plugin to create a cuesheet directly from foobar itself lies in its ability to write the exact cue points of several independent tracks before they are combined into one large file (as described above), such as audiobooks consisting of separate track rips. Thus, the component should primarily with the request to create a cuesheet with one file for the whole playlist in mind. Selected tracks are taken and written to the cuesheet file, leaving the task of creating the actual media file to the user.

Did I point it out clearly enough? I hope everything was understandable :-)

Bye

Michael

foo_cue_ex

Reply #30
I don't know what routines the foobar SDK provides to 3rd party programmers.

Neither do I, but I am pretty certain there will be facility to query a playlist and find the files used and the exact length of each track... and that's all we need really.
In my opinion, the main reason for using a foobar-plugin to create a cuesheet directly from foobar itself lies in its ability to write the exact cue points of several independent tracks before they are combined into one large file (as described above), such as audiobooks consisting of separate track rips. Thus, the component should primarily with the request to create a cuesheet with one file for the whole playlist in mind. Selected tracks are taken and written to the cuesheet file, leaving the task of creating the actual media file to the user.

Exactly.  Diskwriter being the obvious choice, to create the image file from the same playlist.

NB: For those that want to create a cuesheet for individual files, as foo_cue_ex appeared to previously do, you can just use the following as your copy command ("Preferences > Display > Title formatting > Copy command"):

FILE "%_path%" $if($stricmp(%__codec%,MP3),MP3,$if($stricmp(%__codec%,AIFF),AIFF,WAVE))$char(10)
   TRACK $num(%_playlist_number%,2) AUDIO$char(10)
$if(%title%,    TITLE "%title%"$char(10),)
$if(%artist%,    PERFORMER "%artist%"$char(10),)
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

Select all the tracks, right-click and choose "Copy names" (or press Ctrl+C), then paste into a new text file and save as <name>.cue.

Edit: updated copy code - now correctly uses the FILE type (MP3, AIFF, or WAVE)
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #31
Neither do I, but I am pretty certain there will be facility to query a playlist and find the files used and the exact length of each track... and that's all we need really.

Now the only thing we really need is an ambitious developer willing to dedicate some days of work (I'm sure it won't take longer since it should be trivial work) to this project ... 

NB: For those that want to create a cuesheet for individual files, as foo_cue_ex appeared to previously do, you can just use the following as your copy command ("Preferences > Display > Title formatting > Copy command"):

FILE "%_path%"$char(10)
   TRACK $num(%_playlist_number%,2) AUDIO$char(10)
$if(%title%,    TITLE "%title%"$char(10),)
$if(%artist%,    PERFORMER "%artist%"$char(10),)
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

Select all the tracks, right-click and choose "Copy names" (or press Ctrl+C), then paste into a new text file and save as <name>.cue.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289948"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cool idea, didn't make that up myself before  The plugin in question therefore definitely has to provide a mechanism for "one-file"-cuesheets only.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #32
Ooops, guys. It seems I've been away for too long 
Yes, foo_cue_ex is a bit out of date. When new SDK came out, I couldn't get my cue export feature to work, so I removed it. Just didn't have any time to look at it afterwards.
I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Regards,
Stepan
B KaCKe.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #33
Ooops, guys. It seems I've been away for too long :P
Yes, foo_cue_ex is a bit out of date. When new SDK came out, I couldn't get my cue export feature to work, so I removed it. Just didn't have any time to look at it afterwards.
I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Stepan,

I have a couple other requests .. if you don't mind looking at them.  It seems that with certain components foo_cue_ex stops working.  I assume maybe the standard cue sheet reader is loaded after foo_cue_ex in these instances?  The two components that I have to remove now are foo_flaccer and foo_matroska.  It seems to be fairly random as to whether it works or doesn't with various other components.  I thought it was fixed the last time you updated foo_cue_ex, but I have been having intermittent problems with it since.

Also, can you force the tags to uppercase (or have that as an option)?  I sometimes get an REM Date or REM Genre tagged in the cue sheet instead of REM DATE or REM GENRE.

Thanks!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #34
Ooops, guys. It seems I've been away for too long 
I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Regards,
Stepan

Ah, cool - just the man for the job.
My only request is the facility to create a cuesheet for the current playlist assuming all tracks are from the same image file (i.e.: a cuesheet with many tracks referring to one file).

This will allow me to create an image file from mutiple track files (of varying format) using Diskwriter, and then create an accompanying cuesheet for that image using foo_cue_ex.

I would be very grateful for this functionality.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #35
It'd be nice if foo_cue_ex could include a REM TITLE too, because .cue doesn't seem to allow " (double quotes) in its TITLE field.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #36
WigBaM: are there any news from foo_cue_ex plugin?

foo_cue_ex

Reply #37
Another request, when foo_cue_ex is redeveloped for foobar 0.9.

As per the following threads, would you consider wrapping any field name or value which contains spaces in quotes?

E.g.:

REM COMMENT "This is a field value with spaces in"

REM "MY COMMENT" "This is a field name and field value with spaces in"

Threads:As nyaochi points out, it is the standard in cuesheets to surround any value that contains spaces with quotes.  It's good to maintain standards in my opinion.

Edit:
It'd be nice if foo_cue_ex could include a REM TITLE too, because .cue doesn't seem to allow " (double quotes) in its TITLE field.

IMHO double quotes within a TITLE command, or any command, should simply be substituted for single quotes.  Duplicating information to a REM command just over-complicates things.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #39
I have a couple other requests .. if you don't mind looking at them.  It seems that with certain components foo_cue_ex stops working.  I assume maybe the standard cue sheet reader is loaded after foo_cue_ex in these instances?  The two components that I have to remove now are foo_flaccer and foo_matroska.

I too would like these implemented.  I've been having issues getting foo_cue_ex to work reading extended cuesheet info on most machines I've been trying to get it to work on.  I'm not sure why... the first machine worked fine, and as far as I can tell, the configuration on all of them is very close.  I'll see if removing flaccer and matroska as per jasnic02's suggestion helps.

I'm hoping that WigBam will be able to update the plugin for foobar 0.9 soon after its release... or even better, if it were incorporated into the actual base of foobar2000 0.9.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #40
Getting rid of matroska (I just renamed the extension to "dll.REMOVED") made foo_cue_ex work again.  I didn't need to remove flaccer.  Thanks for the tip jasnic02.  Hopefully WigBam can fix this in the future.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #41
Hi everybody,

to raise the question again about how to create a cuesheet from a playlist, this time from foobar 0.9.x: since foo_cue_ex does not work any longer with the new major version number, does WigBam intend to update the plugin to the new SDK, or does any other solution exist?

Thanks

foo_cue_ex

Reply #42
foobar's Converter can do this natively now, when converting multiple tracks to an image.

That said, I also think there is a place for a component that will just create the cuesheet, like foo_cuesheetcreator for 0.8.3.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #45
I just came across this:

http://tmp.reharmonize.net/foobar/

foo_cuesheet_creator_0.4.3a.zip

The text file mentions my name, so I am assuming that it is based on foo_cuesheetcreator for 0.8.3.  However, it seems to be a lot better.  You can  create both single file and multi-file cuesheets, select the files to be included, and it records genre, date and RG values.

Anyone know anything about this?

Edit: Component info in foobar says:

Primary Author:
  Brian Peyton
Additional Coding:
  Neil Popham (me)
  Haru Ayana@Re:harmonize
Based on the Component development tutorial step 1 by:
  Holger Stenger

So, thanks to Haru Ayana I guess.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #46
Synthetic Soul
Very useful job!
Very small improvement needed and will be great.

When you are making (ANSI) cue sheet by tracks, you do take in account file names. Just to the same when you are making _CDImage.cue (ANS). Means,
instead of:
  TRACK XX AUDIO
    INDEX 01 xx:xx:xx

to create (suppose that our file name is in format:
Multimedia File Name_Extension)):
  TRACK XX AUDIO
    TITLE "Multimedia File Name"
    INDEX 01 xx:xx:xx

I know that file name can have another format as:
01_Multimedia File Name_Extension
but leave some job to be done by user.

Probably no tough job for the person who are familiar with the source code. And about Unicode... ANSI is much more compatible with all systems.