Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb tagger - Comments field (Read 4603 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb tagger - Comments field

I've been using the 9.3.1 Foobar CD ripper with the freedb tagger plugin (apparently now a standard inclusion in 9.4.b1) and found both tools are excellent.

One question is that when using the freedb plugin, it appears to retrieve the freedb "comments" field and apply that data to the comments tag for whatever files are being written. However the comments do not appear anywhere in the UI, so can't be changed.

This has mean manually removing or editing the comments post rip, which is not ideal. Is there anyway to tell the ripper or plugin not to use the freedb comments? Or be able to edit the comments before the rip?

Thanks.

Reply #1
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

As for a more serious answer, you cannot chose which fields the freedb plugin writes and you can't even see the disc comment in the freedb tagger UI. I know this is a real pain sometimes, but working on the freedb plugin is currently rather low on my todo list (and has been for quite some time).

Reply #2
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

"All right, HAL; I'll go in through the emergency airlock." 
Thanks for the quick reponse.