Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Folding@Home (Read 28740 times) previous topic - next topic

Folding@Home

Reply #125
Proud to say I joined the team and have been crunching 24/7.

I used to be part of the p2p-community team, but must say that HA is more up my alley as far as interest goes.  Not that the team you are on makes any real-world difference to the folding research, AFAIK.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Folding@Home

Reply #127
Unfortunatelly you don't seem to be very active here either. My team (CSB) was once really good, but has now only three active folders left :/

Folding@Home

Reply #128
though I'd bump this thread...so maybe some newer members will join

I just joined the team, I used to fold for a linux distros team, but I no longer use it on any of my computers, and hydrogenaudio isn't exactly something I'll ever stop using

I'm running 2 cpus

Athlon 64 2800+ and a 500MHz PIII

The PIII is my server so it'll be giving 100% cpu all the time...I use the computer w/ the Athlon 64 a lot but it still seems to finish workunits before the old PIII

Folding@Home

Reply #129
I just found out about this and joined up. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a year ago (at age 36!). She finished her last treatment in February and is doing fine now. Thank you to the thread starter for sharing this info. And thanks to everyone here who is loaning some CPU!

Folding@Home

Reply #130
Yep, I'm happy to say that my brand spanking new Core 2 Duo E6600 system is currently crunching F@H for HA. Damn this system is powerful!

Folding@Home

Reply #131
Yep, I'm happy to say that my brand spanking new Core 2 Duo E6600 system is currently crunching F@H for HA. Damn this system is powerful!

apparently, if you want to really contribute to F@H, you better buy an ATI X1900 ...

"The Folding@Home project has put forth some impressive performance numbers with the GPU client that's designed to work with the ATI X1900. According to the client statistics, there are 448 registered GPUs that produce 29 TFLOPS. Those 448 GPUs outperform the combined 25,050 CPUs registered by the Linux and Mac OS clients."

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/13/2030253

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=osstats

Folding@Home

Reply #132
apparently, if you want to really contribute to F@H, you better buy an ATI X1900 ...

Yes, it would indeed appear so. Unfortunately I went for the silent computing route and opted for a passively cooled GeForce 7600GS instead of a high end ATI. Not much use for F@H

But the fact that a display adapter crunches numbers better than a CPU is pretty impressive (and curious)...

Folding@Home

Reply #134
Joined.

Folding@Home

Reply #136
Bump! so new users can see we have a team.

Who are these new interlopers challenging my top 3 status?    They must have those newfangled Playstation dealies.

We're almost top 300 with only 42 CPUs contributing.. a few more people and we can definitely break top 250. Let's go! Folding@Home homepage

Folding@Home

Reply #138
Thought I'd bump this topic.

Switched my PS3 over to the HA team a while back, figured I'd stick with a community I'd never leave. Might actually build up a decent score instead of folding for every Linux distro or car forum I'm on for a few months before I move on and switch teams.

The team is 32639 for anyone newer reading this, as it's been almost 2 years since this post was bumped.

Folding@Home

Reply #139
How many active folders does the HAteam have right now?