Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3283138 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1775

I toggle panels with hotkeys: http://i.imgur.com/r3rRv.jpg

I've kinda run out of things to do with it.. unless anyone knows how to make a custom seekbar (one with time elapsed/remaining on the left/right)  or custom volume slider with Columns?

also, is it possible to hide the titlebar?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1776
how to make a custom seekbar (one with time elapsed/remaining on the left/right)  or custom volume slider with Columns?

Look at WSH Panel mod. Both functions can be accomplished by some lines of code. I think both functions are even part of the example scripts available on the Google Code homepage.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1777
After shuffling things around for a couple weeks, I've settled on this minimal setup. Pretty straightforward NG Playlist with album artist groups, a handful of autoplaylists and the search function instead of a library browser, and icons for nearly every feature I ever use. Tabless freedom!  Now to see if I can find a non-terrible sans font that will let me ditch the stars for half full diamonds...

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1779

Here's my ugly Foobar at the moment. I'm happy with the layout, but I just want to get rid of the ugly Windows elements like the scrollbars and columns headers and replace them with a custom design.
I've seen this done before without people having to change the way their Windows looks with Windows Blinds and such. Does anyone know how?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1780
I came to Foobar from the Zune software's album art-centric system which was a huge breath of fresh air compared to the ubiquitous iTunes music-collection-as-excel-spreadsheet convention.  I also wanted very much to avoid too many components or any scripting in order to keep things as 'light' as possible.  After a few months of tinkering, I'm pretty happy with my layout:

browse:

filter:

playlist:

now playing:

minimized:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1782

I'm curious about how the extra line of information under the group titles was done (with Disc 1, Disc 2, genre, country, etc.).

Is this just some standard Columns UI scripting that I've not seen before, or is something else at play here?

Can someone tell me what can be used to get filtering tabs like the one in the picture above with artist genre etc?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1783
lettuceman44, it's just a tab stack splitter with different filters in it...

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1785
right click the header.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1787
fooxgen3-alpha2

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1788

^
Does anyone know how to hide the artist/album/genre filter captions?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1789
Anyone want to point me to a nice tutorial, or wiki page on how to really use Columns UI.

How I replace things with images, etc.

A few more sample layouts with detailed instructions would be cool, because then I could pick that apart and work it out...

Bless,
Chris

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1790
Anyone know if it's possible to change this?

I would love to use it but with the theme I'm making it sticks out like a sore thumb. I really need to change the colors or a search bar that I can change.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1791
Try using quicksearch plugin.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1793
Here is what I used to work on for quite some while (without any scripting abilities) and what I have been using for several months now:

I made it with the additional components Playlist Organizer, EsPlaylist (Hidden, Auto Hide) and Biography View.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1794
An update to my previous post a few months ago.

Since then, I've updated the group display and added Dynamic Range tags automatically by using the plugin from here so that it displays the correct image on the right.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1795
C3POwen,
I assume your playlist viewer is NG Playlist.
I have the foo_dynamic_range component installed; can you explain the steps of how you make that Dynamic Range image automatically appear in the playlist viewer display.
Thanks.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1796
I don't think its NG playlist, hence the size of the header and the graphics I assume its el playlist

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1797
C3POwen,
I have the foo_dynamic_range component installed; can you explain the steps of how you make that Dynamic Range image automatically appear in the playlist viewer display.
Thanks.

I'd also like to know how you these DR images appear automatically.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1798
it's ELPLaylist. each group header and row for each playlist item is like a blank canvas and you can position text and images anywhere you like.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1799
C3POwen,
Thanks.

As chiwou and marc2003 both correctly said, it is indeed ELPlaylist that I'm using.

As for the Dynamic Range images, these are first created using the "Copy DR value/logo" function within the component after it has run, and I then created a .png of each value by pasting the logo into an image editing program. As the DR component can write the dynamic range to the files as tags, I use this as the basis for a small script to show the correct value, on a per album basis. The component actually writes two tags per file: %dynamic range% and %album dynamic range%, which are both purely whole numerical values. The script I use is this:

Code: [Select]
$if(%album dynamic range%,$imageabs($sub(%el_width%,52),49,42,42,skins\dynamicrange\DR%album dynamic range%.png,),)

The script is just a simple $if argument, which checks for the album dynamic range tag in the file and displays the relevant image, as long as it is named correctly. If there is no album dynamic range information, it doesn't display anything at all, but that can always be modified.

More information on the $imageabs function can be found here.

I've included links to the images that I created, in both the default blue and the modified grey that I use in the skin:

- DR images (blue)
- DR images (grey)

At the moment I've only got images covering a range between 1 and 20, as I don't have any music that has a higher range than that.