Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playing Remote Music? (Read 2175 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing Remote Music?

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been upgrading couple of my favorite albums into higher Bit-rate. However, that cause space issues on my phone device. I'm not the type of person who only store couple of Albums on the player, I enjoy the flexibility - and this is somehow a problem with big audio files. I was thinking perhaps taking a different approach and have no audio-files on my Android phone (I'm using Neutron as my Player), and instead - keep them on the PC at home, and play them remotely from my phone.

I will be hearing music both at home (and that's I'm assuming won't be a problem because it's a local network), and on the move (4G Cellular network). It's important for me not to lose quality, and not forced to use random streaming (I want to be able to choose which tracks to play).

My Player (Neutron) have couple of options to do so: SMB/CIFS, UPnP/DLNA, FTP, WebDAV, etc. I don't mind spending time on setting up a server, I do however would like to hear from what would be the best interface for my scenario and the needs above.

Thanks! :)

Re: Playing Remote Music?

Reply #1
SSHFS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSHFS

Then you can listen the music on your distant PC with any devices. Desktop, smartphone, Amazon Fire (VLC), etc.. Anything. You can invite friends to browse and listen your music collection too.