Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HDCD Decoder (Read 326156 times) previous topic - next topic

HDCD Decoder

Reply #50
Okay, I made a little progress.  Found a Reset Page tab at the bottom of the Output window.  When I clicked on that it displayed my output as being 16-bit but it remained grayed over. And it still says Output data format will be chosen automatically for the selected device.

I would think that my  X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card would have the capability to produce 24-bit output, no?
My whole purpose of trying to set Foobar output to 24-bit is so I can make use of the HDCD DSP plugin I installed.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #51
Your OS supports 32bit Direct Sound processing so that page is disabled. Foobar passes the data still in 32bit and lets the OS make the decisions on output format.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #52
Your OS supports 32bit Direct Sound processing so that page is disabled. Foobar passes the data still in 32bit and lets the OS make the decisions on output format.
    Thank you for your prompt and clarifying reply Purple Monkey

I installed and activated the HDCD decoder plugin then downloaded some HD-CD lossless music from the Reference Recordings site.  The files were delivered in FLAC.  While the music was playing in Foobar  I went to see what was happening at View / Console and it was reporting HDCD detected.  Nice!

HDCD Decoder

Reply #53
I've updated the component to version 1.4, which now uses a new interface that requires foobar2000 1.1 or newer, beta included. It will automatically decode HDCD tracks from supported inputs, currently CDDA, WAV, FLAC, and WavPack. It will report whether the tracks contain HDCD data through an info tag, "hdcd". So you can add a $if(%__hdcd%) or $if($info(hdcd)) to your title formatting scripts to display the HDCD status of the current track.

I will add other HDCD information tags if anyone wants them. Probably just whether the current track is using peak extension and/or what the current gain level is.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #54
And does this decoder (or postprocessor?) work for foo 1.1 converter?

you can add a $if(%__hdcd%) or $if($info(hdcd)) to your title formatting scripts to display the HDCD status of the current track.

$if(%__hdcd%) gives ""[INVALID SIF SYNTAX]", %__hdcd% gives "?", $info(hdcd) gives no text, while HDCD 1.3 shows "HDCD detected" in foobar2000 console for this track 
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

HDCD Decoder

Reply #55
$if(%__hdcd%) gives ""[INVALID SIF SYNTAX]", %__hdcd% gives "?", $info(hdcd) gives no text, while HDCD 1.3 shows "HDCD detected" in foobar2000 console for this track 
"$if(%__hdcd%,HDCD ,)" or "HDCD: [%__hdcd%]" or "HDCD: $if2($info(hdcd),no" etc.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #56
I will add other HDCD information tags if anyone wants them. Probably just whether the current track is using peak extension and/or what the current gain level is.

That would be much appreciated.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #57
I've updated the component to version 1.4, which now uses a new interface that requires foobar2000 1.1 or newer, beta included.

I did have foobar2000 1.0.3 installed, along with version 1.3 of foo_dsp_hdcd. I then installed fb2k 1.1 beta 1. The Components page in the Preferences shows HDCD decoder 1.3 is still installed, but when I press the 'Get updates' button, it's not telling me there's a new version of your component available. Is this expected behavior?

HDCD Decoder

Reply #58
"$if(%__hdcd%,HDCD ,)" or "HDCD: [%__hdcd%]" or "HDCD: $if2($info(hdcd),no" etc.

I'm adding the column to DUI playlist and what I see for my HDCD track is:

$if(%__hdcd%,HDCD ,) - no text
HDCD: [%__hdcd%] - "HDCD: "
$if2($info(hdcd),no) - "no"

But I'm sure that track has HDCD layer - it has been detected by HDCD DSP 1.3

I've updated the component to version 1.4, which now uses a new interface that requires foobar2000 1.1 or newer, beta included.

I did have foobar2000 1.0.3 installed, along with version 1.3 of foo_dsp_hdcd. I then installed fb2k 1.1 beta 1. The Components page in the Preferences shows HDCD decoder 1.3 is still installed, but when I press the 'Get updates' button, it's not telling me there's a new version of your component available. Is this expected behavior?

I think it happens because the plugins have different names (foo_dsp_hdcd and foo_hdcd)
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

HDCD Decoder

Reply #59

I'm adding the column to DUI playlist and what I see for my HDCD track is:

$if(%__hdcd%,HDCD ,) - no text
HDCD: [%__hdcd%] - "HDCD: "
$if2($info(hdcd),no) - "no"

But I'm sure that track has HDCD layer - it has been detected by HDCD DSP 1.3

This does not appear to work for the DUI columns, I have the same problem as you  Only the status/window title works with this info.

Can someone confirm that the HDCD processing is carried out before replaygain processing?

HDCD Decoder

Reply #60
This does not appear to work for the DUI columns, I have the same problem as you  Only the status/window title works with this info.

Thank you very much! Works fine with $if(%__hdcd%, | HDCD,) in the status bar
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

HDCD Decoder

Reply #61
Question about foo_hdcd 1.4 using with foobar 1.0.3.
Does not "HDCD Scan" (at Context Menu > Util) work?

hdcd.exe reports as HDCD, but "HDCD Scan" of foo_hdcd reports blank fields...
<name>madoka</name>

HDCD Decoder

Reply #62
foo_hdcd requires foobar2000 1.1 or newer for the decoder to actually work, and the scanner requires that decoder to be used by inputs for it to detect anything.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #63
foo_hdcd requires foobar2000 1.1 or newer for the decoder to actually work, and the scanner requires that decoder to be used by inputs for it to detect anything.

Thank you very much 
I'm waiting for release of stable version 1.1 
<name>madoka</name>

HDCD Decoder

Reply #64
Replay Gain works now, but I think the current implementation is still a bit problematic. If the files have been measured using a standard decoder the old values are now incorrect when the files are played through the HDCD Decoder and it reduces the volume level. It is possible to reanalyze the files, but then the values will be incorrect on other players.

At least it would be nice to have an easily accessible on/off switch for HDCD decoding so that it could be switched off when mixed playlists are played and when Replay Gain is analyzed.

Here is a screenshot of the old and newly analyzed "HDCD" RG values for one album:

EDIT

In general, HDCD decoding is rather useless when peak extension is not available. The album in the screenshot doesn't have it. Actually, only a very few of my HDCD albums seem to have it.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #65
I've added real-time HDCD info reporting, using the info variables "hdcd_gain," "hdcd_peak_extend" and "hdcd_transient filter." The latter isn't supported by this decoder, and I don't think it would be terribly useful for any decoder that doesn't upsample the output to 88200Hz or higher anyway.

Example addition to status bar formatting:
Code: [Select]
$if(%__hdcd%,' ('HDCD - pe:%__hdcd_peak_extend% tf:%__hdcd_transient_filter% gain:%__hdcd_gain%')',)

HDCD Decoder

Reply #66
HDCD decoder 1.5 with my Foobar2K

HDCD mode

Normal mode

Thank you so much

HDCD Decoder

Reply #67
Thx.

And when it will be possible to decode HDCD from TAK source?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

HDCD Decoder

Reply #68
Once the interface is finalized, and the TAK decoder component is updated to use it.

HDCD Decoder

Reply #71
HDCD decoder 1.5 with my Foobar2K 

Thank you so much

Hey, your config is fabulous  Would you mind sharing it ?

Best regards,

nAr

Sure

But right now

http://www.lastfm.jp/user/asajan/journal/2...r_my_foobar2000

Well,my FB2K is for HDCD,AccurateRip and LastFm right now

ttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=I38QJKFD

I know but this code

// PerSecond
$if(%__hdcd%,$imageabs(1,0,\images\HDCD.png,alpha-180),)

$if3($if(%__hdcd%,$align(right,middle)Peak extend = %__hdcd_peak_extend%$char(10) Transient filter = %__hdcd_transient_filter%$char(10) Gain = %__hdcd_gain%,),$if(%__hdcd%,$align(right,middle)Peak extend = %__hdcd_peak_extend% $char(10)  Transient filter = %__hdcd_transient_filter%$char(10) Gain = %__hdcd_gain%,),
$ifequal($len($ext(%filename_ext%)),9,$imageabs2(220,60,0,0,220,60,20,8,C:\program files\foobar2000\images\lastfm2.jpg,),

$if(%ACCURATERIPID%,$imageabs2(200,50,0,0,200,50,30,3,C:\program files\foobar2000\images\accuraterip.jpg,alpha-240)
$align(center,bottom)$if(%ACCURATERIPID%,%ACCURATERIPID%))),
$ifequal($len($info(encoding)),5,$imageabs(110,14,images\foobar2000.png,),),
$if(%isplaying%,$imageabs2(200,50,0,0,200,50,30,3,C:\program files\foobar2000\images\accuraterip.jpg,)
$align(center,bottom)disk not present in database,),)

HDCD Decoder

Reply #72
Thanks very much !

Will try it ASAP

Brds,

n A r

HDCD Decoder

Reply #73
I'm sorry, I tried but foobar doesn't start, error.

I'm on Windows 7 32 bit BTW. I think profile folder is not correct, I can't load any new one.

I ended up re-installing foobar2000, and I don't get the style.

Sorry, all this is off topic the hdcd decoder 

To get more on the subject, here is my formating template for implementing hdcd syntax ( foobar 1.1 beta 1 & hdcd decoder 1.5 )

Code: [Select]
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if(%__hdcd%,' 'HDCD - Peak Extend: %__hdcd_peak_extend% Transient Filter: %__hdcd_transient_filter% Gain: %__hdcd_gain%' ',)

brds,

n A r

HDCD Decoder

Reply #74
How do I simply identify if a song has HDCD encoded as DTS does? in the status bar? Where do you put this code?