Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 mobile fundraiser (Read 184554 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 mobile fundraiser

Reply #275
No disappointment at all. You are working your guts guts out and it's greatly appreciated!

Looking forward too it when it happens. Just take it easy :)

Reply #276
At least Android and iOS situation is well under control. I'm looking forward to making foobar2000 for these platforms available to general public this summer.

Yay!
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #277
Windows Phone is eating all the development time and the app is still bugged
At least Android and iOS situation is well under control. I'm looking forward to making foobar2000 for these platforms available to general public this summer.

Well that does make sense, many devs have abandoned WP development or just completely ignored it like it doesn't exist.
I wonder how much harder would it be to put WP dev on pause, finish up Android and iOS then come back and finish by porting the code over (maybe by then WP will be in a better shape?)?

Reply #278

Yay!

I echo this sentiment. I actually got my first android device today and Gonemad looks capable for my needs but there is no doubt I'll be all over foobar2000 like a rash when it gets released to us plebs,

Reply #279
Sorry I was misinforming people about the developer situation, but I was under the mistaken assumption that Spoon was not actively working anything, and that his part had been completed so far. I know he was originally supposed to be handling that Windows Phone nightmare. I don't think anyone can make heads nor tails of that crapfest.

Funny thing, a Windows (desktop) tablet was the only thing I managed to get a USB OTG cable to connect to an external DAC with. For the best with that tablet, too, since its built in DAC is noisy as hell. Wait, I also got iPhone to work, but its DAC is sufficient enough to stand on its own. Android, I guess someone needs to talk to the developers of various proprietary players, to see if they used libusb or whatever to talk to the DACs directly, since I couldn't get that to work.