Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Applying ReplayGain to Wav Files (Read 3941 times) previous topic - next topic

Applying ReplayGain to Wav Files

I'd like to apply ReplayGain to a set of wav files before burning them to CD. Speek's Frontend is no longer supported and it doesn't work on my PC, so I need an alternative.

Any suggestions?

Reply #1
I'd like to apply ReplayGain to a set of wav files before burning them to CD. Speek's Frontend is no longer supported and it doesn't work on my PC, so I need an alternative.

Any suggestions?

replaygain adds tags (which WAV doesn't support). convert to a lossless format, apply RG, then burn (within foobar)

Reply #4
You can apply WaveGain by itself and use whatever burning application you desire.

Actually, the mentioned Speek's frontend uses WaveGain. Obviously Grey is seeking for an easier solution than the command line program.

Reply #5
Omni Encoder will work.

Reply #7
Obviously Grey is seeking for an easier solution than the command line program.

One can also use WaveGain via an SFX program that will automatically run a batch file after extraction, then remove the extracted files once finished. I know it can be done via WinZip Self-Extractor and WinRAR.

Reply #8
Thanks for the tips. Unless I can find another option, I think I'll give Burrn a try.