Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback error when switching track with different sample rate under ASIO (Read 781 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback error when switching track with different sample rate under ASIO

Hello

I wanted to report that whenever I switch to a track on my playlist that is of a different sample rate, I get the error "Unrecoverable playback error: The process receiving or sending data has terminated"

This is because I am using ASIO output and with the DSD Transcoder.

Although I can stop playback first before switching to a track of a different sample rate, when I just want to listen and let Foobar move to the next track on my playlist automatically, or when comparing audio formats, this can be an additional bother.

I was wondering if this could be rectified by programming Foobar to temporarily stop playback and resume the bitstream when switching to a track that is of a different sample rate under ASIO output?

Thanks

Re: Playback error when switching track with different sample rate under ASIO

Reply #1
The more recent releases of foo_input_sacd (starting at about release 1.0) support other output modes, not just ASIO.  And FWIW most ASIO drivers don't have this problem.

Reply #2
I need to be use ASIO and DSD transcoder to be able to output DSD256 to my DAC, Wasapi works perfectly but maxes out at DSD128.

I've tried my own DAC's ASIO Drivers and it doesn't have this problem, it must be problem with the DSD Transcoder, I'll try and find out about that.

Reply #3
If you are using the separate DSD transcoder which is implemented as an ASIO proxy (and I can't tell from your posts if you are or aren't) , why not use foo_input_sacd's builtin DSD Processor that's interface agnostic - then you can use your DAC's ASIO.

Reply #4
I am using the DSD Transcoder Asio Proxy because my DSD will only accept DSD256 Native and not DOP, the other ASIO output option is my DAC's driver. The foo_input_sacd DSD Processor converts to PCM to downsample DSD, alternatively I could output all DSD as 352.8khz PCM, but I wouldn't be making full use of my DAC.