Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: configuration with this setup? (Read 2088 times) previous topic - next topic

configuration with this setup?

I'm trying to figure out how to get the fullest sound out of my setup... I know my setup is "clean" but i'm talking about what surround mode to use on the reciever in combination with a dsp plugin or something... i had used the a3d plugin with "matrix" mode on my reciever when i was using winamp, and it sounded great...

Heres my hardware and configurations:

I'm using the latest version of foobar, no dsp right now, 24bit dithered output.
I have a M-Audio Sonica plugged into a Denon AVR-3200 Reciever (Via Optical)... 

I have a full 5.1 setup:
-front speakers (2way with 10" woofers)
-center (4way)
-sub (12," about 150w (internal) amp)
-rear speakers (1way with 8" woofers)

the channel levels on the reciever itself are:
-front +5db
-center +6db
-rear +12db
-sub +6db

now, the reciever has "stereo" (2channel), "dolby surround", "5 channel stereo", and "matrix"...

basically, i think i want to get a setup similiar to the a3d plugin i was using in winamp (Info)...  the sonica has "TrueSurroundXT" as a feature in the driver which i was playing with...  am i best off playing with that? or would a dsp plugin do a better job and just disable the truesurroundxt?  and what mode on the reciever do i use with any of this?

or should i just disable the trusound, and go with 5ch stereo on the reciever and no dsp whatsoever??