Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 274023 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #175
Right-click on the status bar, enable Show Volume.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #176
Can it be made possible that when you click the status bar you can see a volume slider like the previous default interface? I liked this option better because I don't use it that much so I don't like to have it on screen but when I use it it should be easily accessible.
Right click the status bar > Show volume

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #177
Hi,

one thing I'm bother about is the next command. In previous versions it either took the next one in the playlist or, if the mode was in shuffle, took the next random track. Now it always takes the next one on the playlist whether or not the play mode is shuffle or default.

So now, next isn't as useful as before. I now must have two keys for going the the next song, one for next on the playlist and one for the a random song, which is annoying

Is this intended (I guess it is)? Or just an anomaly?

Greetings,
Cease

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #178
So far I really like the new release.  Memory consuming UI plugins are no longer necessary.

I have a couple of small feature requests, though:

1) In the Album List, can "auto-collapse on expand" be implemented like in the ColumnsUI version?

2) The new file operations interface is excellent!  Can the converter be redesigned to work this way too?  It would be nice to be able to use presets for various converter settings.

Thanks for this great release, and your time.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #179
I'd like to see copy feature in future versions. Sometimes I need to copy list of my songs or just single song or selected songs to txt file etc.

I couldnt also find option that would let me modify duration column. I used to have similar formatting to this example:

Not playing - [3:00] (will just show time of song)
Playing - [1:02 / 3:00]

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #180
The statusbar is updating in wine with beta 2, before I had to minimize and restore the foobar2000 main window  to get it to update.

Thank you. I know you didn't fix it for wine especially and you probably don't care for it, my guess is you did it for improved usability with screen readers, but still thank you.

It wasn't such a big deal for me and I'm certainly not going to start posting bugs that only appear in wine.

Keep up the good work, we appreciate it.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #181
I'd like to see copy feature in future versions. Sometimes I need to copy list of my songs or just single song or selected songs to txt file etc.

You can bind a keyboard shortcut to this. Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcut > Filter for "copy name(s)".

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #182
I get this crash (picture) as soon as I press some times the next-song (random) button. I already deacitvated quite some components, but had no success yet, finding the culprit.

edit: Problem seems to be gone after updating foo_uie_albumart (http://cherans.bol.ucla.edu/fooplugins.html)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #183
Man this is so great!!!
Just today I was gonna finally give a go to ColumnsUI but before that I decided to check for new versions and this comes up

Now I don't have to use ColumnsUI, love the fact everything seems to be getting centralized instead of having to rely on a lot of 3rd party components.

the only thing I don't like is the fact album art is "fixed" completely so you can't roll your own filters for the AA component to find it
I guess I'll have to rely on some 3rd party component that supports regex.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #184
Why is the Copy command formatting string deprecated?
It's very difficult to edit in the Advanced preferences page now.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #185

Yes, albeit those settings won't be changed everyday, structuring of navigation is overdone, not so well arranged anymore ihmo.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #186
I've read the changelog but couldn't find the changes of the 0.9.5 Beta 2.
I found that the Spectrum now displays the channels correctly without the garbage at the top.
Now I realize that maybe the changelog hasn't been updated yet.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #187
Focus question.

Why doesn't clicking on a tab give focus the the Element contain within that tab?

e.g. this is my layout:

Say I have focus on my playlist. and by sidebar is currently o9n the playlist tab, like shown in the above pic.

If I click the albumlist tab, then move the mousewheel, I am expecting the albumlist element to scroll as it is the only thing in that tab. Instead, the playlist scrolls.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #188
I remember Peter mentioning in IRC that the way the Copy command is handled will be changed in the not-so-distant future. It's only in Advanced for a little while until he decides where to place it.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #189
I've read the changelog but couldn't find the changes of the 0.9.5 Beta 2.
I found that the Spectrum now displays the channels correctly without the garbage at the top.
Now I realize that maybe the changelog hasn't been updated yet.

Please see known issues and feature proposals for the changes in beta 2.

Why is the Copy command formatting string deprecated?

The copy command string happens to be part of a deprecated API. There is no plan to get rid of the "Copy Name(s)" command as such; on the contrary it is likely that there will be an improved version of this command some time.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #190
Album List auto refresh when Media Library content changes.

How does this work..... when I change a directorys name via windows explorer, does album list automatically know, a directory has been changed? Or do I have to rescan media library?

Thnx

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #191
Media Library content changes when you rescan it.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #192
Hey there guys. I just did something really stupid. I opened my old foobar version and when I opened the beta all my playlist names had fubar'd. Is there anyway to get the old names back? Or should I just start again. Most of them were autoplaylists so even if I get the names back they won't update right?

I hope that pics not too big if it is heres the thumb
I love π

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #193
Focus question.

Why doesn't clicking on a tab give focus the the Element contain within that tab?

e.g. this is my layout:
[a href="http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobar095b2et6.png" target="_blank"]
How doing that not give the element focus?
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #194

1. The components page says that Autoplaylists and Masstagger are "deprecated components and that similar functionality is available on other still-mantained components". To which components do you refer?

The deprecated masstagger component has now been replaced by the improved properties dialog, Quick Tagger(optional official component) and the 'File Operations' component in the installer, which isn't installed by default.

In 0.9.5 beta 2 I can't figure out how to tag music files using filenames and filepaths and a pattern like for example:
%artist% - %album%\%track% - %title%

Quick Tagger can't do it and File Operations is just the opposite (rename/move files based on tags instead of tagging based on folder and filename information). Neither do I see a way to achieve it using the Properties command. In former versions this was easy to do right clicking on selection.

Thx for clearing up.

And: Congrats for making fb2k better and better (and that's hard!) and keep it free 

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #195
In 0.9.5 beta 2 I can't figure out how to tag music files using filenames and filepaths and a pattern like for example:

open the properties (metadata-tab) and you will find an entry "automatically fill values" in it's contextmenu.
by default the source is "file names". change it to "other..." and enter %path% instead of %filename%.
now your pattern should work!
(at least it works for me)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #196
Using %path% would mean that you would have to specify the whole path to the file in your pattern (e.g. C:\Music\%artist% - %album%\%track% - %title%).

In contrast to that, you only need to specify parent folders with the "File Names" source:

Works fine for me.

By the way, guessing tags from the filenames (edit: in the Properties dialog) is not a 0.9.5-new feature, it has been possible since 0.9.3 (July 2006).

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #197
...you only need to specify parent folders with the "File Names" source...

LOL...ok, that is easier, of course. :-D
did not even try it as the expression "filename" does not naturally include the folder....but good to know it works though!

Using %path% would mean that you would have to specify the whole path to the file in your pattern

...works just with parent folders, too (obviously %path% and %filename% are not interpreted the way we expect them to)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #198
The "Automatically Fill Values" is the trick thx. The most obvious or natural place to look for the option of tagging based on filename and path is in the rightclick menu "Tagging", as it was in v0.9.4.5, at least for me and I think for most people is.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #199
If I click on a group header, all of the songs in the group are highlighted.  If I then hit the page up key, it takes me to the top of the playlist instead of up one page.  Is this a bug?  0.9.5 b1 and b2, default UI