Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I update LAME command line to new EAC’s parameter placeholders? (Read 4910 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I update LAME command line to new EAC’s parameter placeholders?

hi, could somenone please write the lame command line option for the newest eac to be exactly like this below i used in the older version, i would be very very thankful:

"-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d"

ok, i tried to fill it in and hopefully this is ok:

"-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% %dest%"

Reply #3
Yes; good point. (I always overlook that!) So that could be removed.

Reply #4
I see, thanks... so, I'm changing it to:

"-V 0 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr2%" %source% %dest%"

Oh, another thing, the latest lame.dll tab doesn't seem to show up anymore in the latest version of EAC, the compression options tabs... I have tried putting that same lastest lame.dll in a pre 1.0 EAC folder and the dll tab is there, but in the latest EAC it is not. Anyone knows anything about it maybe?

Reply #5
Why would anyone want to use the dll when you can use the exe?

Reply #6
From News.rtf file in EAC folder:

LAME DLL produces defective, stuttering MP3s (bug exists since 1.0 beta 1!). By the way, it seems that only LAME.DLL (VC6 compiled) is compatible with EAC...

So it is better not to use it.

Reply #7
Why would anyone want to use the dll when you can use the exe?

I was just interested in why (if) it didn't work anymore in EAC...