The problem is actually not in the junction between both tracks, but actually on the content of the second track.
If we look at it, the first 5 samples are the worst, but we could say that up to the first 32 samples contain an harmonic that shouldn't be there. (Maybe more, but since this is lossy coding, I can't be sure what comes from the codec itself and what comes from the "click")
It is reasonable to say that the codec cannot adapt fast enough from DC to the cut place and the filter causes that oscillation. I don't know if this could require work on the decoder, on the encoder or both and to which extent this could be worked out. I checked to see if framesize made any difference and while it did, it was minimal. Reducing the bitrate to 48 had a greater impact.
Here. Choose your OS (Windows) and version (32 or 64 bit).I think it's much safer, simpler and easier solution to just use SoX CMD instead of FFmpeg CMD.where can i download the lastest version sox.exe....i can't find...
Everything works great!
@Case, please also consider the possibility to use the feature "Linked meta (field for inline editing)" in CUI for editing TAG fields directly from the playlist for External Tags.
I think it's much safer, simpler and easier solution to just use SoX CMD instead of FFmpeg CMD.where can i download the lastest version sox.exe....i can't find...
If you do find a scenario where the new version indeed is slower, please post details.
I'm quite positive Peter hasn't changed how "jazz" is displayed in the formats that use hard-coded lists for common genres.to be precise, it is a custom tag PLAYLIST that got affected, not the common genre tag. now back ontopic
But during playback, the behavior of these items is different at playlist. For items of External Tags the contents $meta(genre), $info(tagtype), $meta(url) are missing
External Tags returns what the decoder returns. That's the same output you'd get from unwrapped stream. But I changed that for the next version.
One more question: m-TAGS can not attach the picture for the same link when the External Tags has already attached the picture?You're sure you aren't attempting to use m-TAGS to work on a link wrapped behind the exttag:// protocol? My component shouldn't affect .tags files in any way.
(I get an error: "Attached picture editing failure on "D:\RadioPlaylist\Intense Radio.tags": Access denied"
I just tested ReplayGaining a test album in 1.3.20, 1.4 and 1.4.1 beta 4 and 1.3.20 was the slowest. 1.4 and 1.4.1 beta had the same speed. This was not tested after careful rebooting though so the results are for cached material.
One thing that could slow down 1.4 and newer versions is the on-by-default downsampling for hi-resolution audio. But that's at least not the case for mjm716 since mp3s don't support that.
Also if you use True Peak scanning picking a slow resampler will certainly affect things. Use SoX or PPHS normal quality for fastest results.
I think tag troubles are quite off-topic in this thread. But I'm quite positive Peter hasn't changed how "jazz" is displayed in the formats that use hard-coded lists for common genres.