Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1347122 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3025
Is use %MASTER_RELEASE_MAIN_RELEASE_DATE_RAW%.

Reply #3027
I'd like to do a search about "written by" tag inside credits from discogs, but I noticed that sometime it is written as "Written By", other times as "Written-By" etc.

So how do I catch the word "written"? I'd like to do a search both inside track credits and inside album credits.  

Reply #3030
Just me? Can anyone reproduce or confirm?
It's working for me in the sense that I'm currently authorized. Not keen to wipe it out in case I can't re-do it, but as far as I can see it's OK?

Reply #3031
Just run a test with a new portable installation, authorization is working here too.

Reply #3033
Worked after what I think was the 30th attempt. @Da Yuyu, thanks for your help!

Reply #3034
Really struggling to get OAuth working now

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/oauth/access_token)

[ESCAPE to close]
Sometimes it happens due wrong time on computer. My working PC is part of domain, so admin set domain time "-5 min" of current time, so Discogs said me what you quoted. After the time was fixed -  no errors from Discogs.

Reply #3035
Hi people.

I install the new foo_discogger.fb2k-component and i have a problem with the release window, the master didn't expand.

I tried with previous version from https://github.com/ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs/releases and the last version that expand was v2.23-mod.16.1

Every version after that has the same problem.

I'm running foobar with wine in ubuntu.

Anyone having this problem?

Reply #3036
looking at wine sources...

Code: [Select]
FIXME("I_CHILDRENCALLBACK not supported\n");

I couldn´t find the fixme message in my logs though.
If someone want to ask for a fix this might be the place: https://www.winehq.org/mailman/listinfo/wine-devel
I´ll get back to this if/when I find some spare time, and maybe regretfully restore the last working version to be run just under wine environment.

Reply #3037
looking at wine sources...

FIXME("I_CHILDRENCALLBACK not supported\n");

I couldn´t find the fixme message in my logs though.
If someone want to ask for a fix this might be the place: https://www.winehq.org/mailman/listinfo/wine-devel
I´ll get back to this if/when I find some spare time, and maybe regretfully restore the last working version to be run just under wine environment.

Thanks @da yuyu.

Reply #3038
@paregistrase,
good news, nodes are now expanding also in wine.
fix will be included in the next patch, thanks for reporting!

Reply #3040
Another basic Wine support question: what do I need to do/prepare/install/configure in order to get the OAuth flow working? Here (Arch-based EndeavourOS under KDE 5.24, current Wine 7.4), the Authorize button fails to open a browser window. I guess I must somehow redirect that request to use the native browser, but I did not manage to make any progress.

Or can I somehow perform these steps manually?

Reply #3041
Another basic Wine support question: what do I need to do/prepare/install/configure in order to get the OAuth flow working? Here (Arch-based EndeavourOS under KDE 5.24, current Wine 7.4), the Authorize button fails to open a browser window. I guess I must somehow redirect that request to use the native browser, but I did not manage to make any progress.

Or can I somehow perform these steps manually?

I never tried with KDE but in gnome (arch and ubuntu) always work for me.

Maybe you can take a look at the wine registry with wine regedit

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> http (and https) -> shell -> open -> command i have "C:\windows\system32\winebrowser.exe" -nohome

Also you can try to make a new key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine called "WineBrowser". Under the newly created "WineBrowser" key, create a string called "Browsers" with the following value: xdg-open,firefox,konqueror. Don't worry about the browsers order in the above code. Just make sure "xdg-open" is the first one, as that will make sure that when you click a link in a Wine application, your default native Linux browser will be used to open that link.

composer and performer

Reply #3042
Any help with formatting string for composer and performer. I cant seem to get it right

Reply #3043
Good to know; on next install on a device, I'll try that path.

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> http (and https) -> shell -> open -> command i have "C:\windows\system32\winebrowser.exe" -nohome
That is all set by default; also: weblinks on foobar's "Help > About" window open in my default browser just fine. Only peculiarity: links to htm(l) files, like the link "License && Credits" spawn KDE's default text editor. But that's probably due to these defaults:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.html] ContentType = "text/html"

Also you can try to make a new key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine called "WineBrowser". Under the newly created "WineBrowser" key, create a string called "Browsers" with the following value: xdg-open,firefox,konqueror.

I tried that, but did not change anything, as expected. Winebrowser seems to be linked to xdg-open just fine, but it seem Discog's [kbd]Authorize[/kbd] opens the link through another code path where my registry does not link back to any browser, not even Wine's internal one.

Reply #3044

I suppose that you had tried with a new wine profile profile .

In the old times when ie8 winetrick verb was necessary i used a trick to avoid using it. Like ie8 hijack the links i used to install a old firefox version and made it default browser in the profile. With
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser
Maybe it can help you as a workaround

Reply #3045
A new version of foo_discogger is out.
It fixes a few issues running the component on Wine.
download link

Reply #3046
Awesome & many thanks that you are maintaining it further!!
Tested, and a few things I noticed/worth noting potentially:
 - requirements have changed, I was on foobar 1.4.6 still, and this new version now requires a newer version for foobar sdk updates.
- after updating to foobar latest 1.6.10 I get this upon startup:
---------------------------
foo_discogger initialization
Error loading configuration.
OK  
- and immediate crash of foobar when calling foo_discogger.1_06. via shortcut.
- also crashing foobar when attempting to access foo_discogger settings to check the configuration file in the components window

So as is I'm a bit stuck with 1.06, and revert to 1.05 for the time being.
Anything I can do to test 1.06 further ?

Cheers.
c.

ps. bummer, old version foo_discogger1.05 is not compatible with foobar 1.6.10 anymore.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Reply #3047
It fixes a few issues running the component on Wine.
download link

Working great in wine. I had to delete all configuration files to avoid an initial crash but after that all fine, including import of old discogs tag mapping

Thank you very much

Reply #3048
You are welcome, thank for testing!

@alec.tron,
Touch wood the installation error should be fixed now.
Please redownload v1.06, and try installing again.
If you are still stuck in the installation process try the fix suggested in the download page.

About the requirements change, it was a decision that had to be taken (mostly on the testing aspect of it) as I could not afford supporting a pre-Windows 7 sdk... surely you do have good reasons to like 1.4.x
you might have to maybe run foo_discogger in an independent portable installation?

@paragistrase

Glad is working!  :D

Reply #3049
@alec.tron,
Please redownload v1.06, and try installing again.
Done, worked!

About the requirements change, it was a decision that had to be taken (mostly on the testing aspect of it) as I could not afford supporting a pre-Windows 7 sdk... surely you do have good reasons to like 1.4.x
you might have to maybe run foo_discogger in an independent portable installation?
All good, requirement change is completely understandable, just caught me by surprise so thought I'd mention it. Also running portable anyway, and version 1.4 reason was mostly that it works, & no new features for me I noticed, so it just stuck around... :D

Cheers.
c.