Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I use my own DSP in Foobar2000? (Read 382 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I use my own DSP in Foobar2000?

Hi! Long-time musician/home studio guy here. I'm hoping to find a media player for the home PC that will allow use of our own DSP plug-ins -compressor/limiters, EQ perhaps for the most part for example?
Currently I'm using JRiver Media Center 27 which will host DSP, but both inefficient in use, and well short of what we've learned can be done. :>)
I see Foobar does have a decent menu of it's own, just haven't found if these are also options?
Thanks

Re: Can I use my own DSP in Foobar2000?

Reply #1
Have you looked through the existing installable components?  The supported ones are listed here: https://www.foobar2000.org/components, but there are others people have written for download which don't make the repo and are made available via the forum.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.