Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Software that handles write samples offset (Read 2375 times) previous topic - next topic

Software that handles write samples offset

Does anybody here know all of the current software that can deal with a non-compliant cue sheet with CD-TEXT AND incorporate a write offset when burning an audio CD?

For PC, I know that EAC does this. However, I'm on a MAC and while I'm fortunate enough that under Parallels EAC can read CDs, I have found that I cannot use EAC to burn CDs. (It just hangs on the burning step.)

For MAC, XLD can deal with the non-compliant cue sheet and also compensates for the write offset, but unfortunately the current release of XLD still cannot burn CD-TEXT.

Are there any alternative pieces of software (for either MAC or PC) that can do all three?

Re: Software that handles write samples offset

Reply #1
Looks like not a lot of folks concerned with burning CDs these days. I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Reply #2
There is an write option in EAC to set the use of CDRDAO. Try to enable or disable to use of CDRDAO.
You can this setting at EAC options (F9)=> Write tab => Use CDRDAO for writing in the EAC layout editor

You can also try to get EAC to burn with some additional command line options.
There are a number of command line options to use, see page http://www.digital-inn.de/threads/eacs-command-line-options.31843/.
First try the -NOSHOWBUFFER command and see if this fixes your burn problem. If not try to force a write strategy with one of the following commands:
-FORCERAW
-FORCEPLEXTOR
-FORCETEAC
-FORCESONY
Do this one at the time and also in combination with -NOSHOWBUFFER (example EAC.exe  -NOSHOWBUFFER -FORCEPLEXTOR)
I takes some experimentation but maybe you can get EAC to burn on your system

greetz,

Ben

Reply #3
Ben,

I've tried both enabling and disabling CDRDAO in the past with no luck. I'll give it another shot just to be sure.

I haven't tried using these additional command line options, however. I'll post an update after I try these out. Thank you for your insightful reply!

Mike