Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [help needed] Audio CD Writer - Burninate::IMAPIv2.0 (Read 1814 times) previous topic - next topic

[help needed] Audio CD Writer - Burninate::IMAPIv2.0

New to plugins, just discovered they and started to play.  Looks really useful.

Anyone know somewhere safe to from which to d/l the XP version of the Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package needed to run  Burninate cuz it's no longer available from the M$ url listed on the Audio CD Writer page?

I'd really appreciate getting hold of a copy so's I can burn some CDs more easily

Thanks in advance

Re: [help needed] Audio CD Writer - Burninate::IMAPIv2.0

Reply #2
Thank you very much.  Really appreciate your kind assistance :)

Reply #3
After some googling: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=19622
direct link: https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/8/7/0879B127-A35C-432D-8EAF-4DCB04D08DB3/IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe

HTH
Meh!  I tried installing the M$ d/l but I was sabotaged by the intel they built into their package.  I was hit by an error message in German.  I used google for the translation and it was saying that the install failed because the language was incompatible (my install is English.  I was a bit surprised since I've used native German language components before (eg ODBC driver packs).  But this time, sadly, it didn't want to play - I guess the M$ API includes language-dependent context menu support or something like that.

So, if anybody knows where to find the (english language) variant, do please let me know - thanks in advance!

And thanks again, lvqcl, for your kind help.

Reply #4
Sorry, you'll just have to upgrade to Windows 7. Or perhaps Windows 10.

The English version is at the same link, replace de-de with en-us, but it says it's no longer available.