Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LPCM (Read 4487 times) previous topic - next topic

LPCM

Hello and good day

I use ubuntu linux and I would like to make some Audio-DVD's (DVD-Video) I used the command " sox 01nakedblue.flac -b 24 01nakedblue_2.wav rate -v 96k norm "

File Size: 252M      Bit Rate: 4.61M
Encoding: Signed PCM   
Channels: 2 @ 24-bit 
Samplerate: 96000Hz     
Replaygain: off       
Duration: 00:07:18.00

then I would bring this file over to my Windows 7 pc  using a program " lplex " and I would drag the files over to the lpex icon and I get an error " No LPCM "

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LPCM

" Linear pulse-code modulation (LPCM) is a specific type of PCM where the quantization levels are linearly uniform.[5] This is in contrast to PCM using, for instance, A-law algorithm or μ-law algorithm where quantization levels vary as a function of amplitude. Though PCM is a more general term, it is often used to describe data encoded as LPCM. "

is there a sox command ? codex ?

LPCM

Reply #1
Try to add '-t wavpcm' option.

LPCM

Reply #3

Thanks I used it " sox 01nakedblue.flac -b 24 01nakedblue_3.wavpcm rate -v -s -I 96k"

then rename the file .wav and it worked thank you 

If I wanted to do this in a folder named resampled would the code be " for flac in *.flac; do sox -S "${wavpcm}" -r 9600 -b 24 ./resampled/"${wavpcm}"; done  " ??????

LPCM

Reply #5

Thanks I used it " sox 01nakedblue.flac -b 24 01nakedblue_3.wavpcm rate -v -s -I 96k"

then rename the file .wav and it worked thank you 

I think it's much simpler to do "sox 01nakedblue.flac -b 24 -t wavpcm 01nakedblue_3.wav rate -v -s -I 96k"

Ok but I would like to do this inside a folder of 25 flac files one after another  something like this code " mkdir resampled
$ for flac in *.flac; do sox -S "${flac}" -r 44100 -b 24  ./resampled/"${flac}"; done "

LPCM

Reply #8
No, that would merge all the files into a single output file. See man sox.

You need to run sox for each of the files. You have already listed the for loop plus the very first bash command on the linked tutorial is exactly that. Just add the -t wavpcm specification to the output file section to create the wavpcm format instead of regular wav. Again, see the sox manpage.

LPCM

Reply #9
No, that would merge all the files into a single output file. See man sox.

You need to run sox for each of the files. You have already listed the for loop plus the very first bash command on the linked tutorial is exactly that. Just add the -t wavpcm specification to the output file section to create the wavpcm format instead of regular wav. Again, see the sox manpage.

Thanks for Helping, I'm not a coder    but here is the code to resample to play on DVD-video player's

sox name.flac -b 24 name.wavpcm rate -v -s -I 96k      <--------------------- LPCM WAV ***************************************************************************************

for f in *.flac; do sox "$f" -t wav -r 96000 -b 24  "${f%.flac}.wavpcm"; done <--------------------- LPCM WAV ********************************************************************

for f in *.flac; do sox "$f" -r 48000 -b 24 ./resampled/"${f%.flac}.wavpcm"; done <--------------------- LPCM WAV ********************************************************************

for f in *.flac; do sox "$f" -r 96000 -b 24 ./resampled/"${f%.flac}.wavpcm"; done  <--------------------- LPCM WAV ********************************************************************

for f in *.wav ; do sox "$f" -b 24 -r 96k "${f%.wav}.wavpcm" ; done          <--------------------- LPCM WAV ***************************************************************************************

for f in *.wav; do sox "$f" -r 96000 -b 24 ./resampled/"${f%.wav}.wavpcm"; done  <--------------------- LPCM WAV ********************************************************************

LPCM

Reply #10
In your examples the output files have wavpcm suffix. That tells sox to use the wavpcm output format converter.

If you want to use a different suffix, e.g. the standard wav you need, you have to instruct sox to use the wavpcm format via the -t (type) parameter:

Code: [Select]
sox $f -b 24 -r 96000 -t wavpcm ${f%.flac}.wav