Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to obtain an offset-corrected rip using cdda2wav? (Read 3477 times) previous topic - next topic

How to obtain an offset-corrected rip using cdda2wav?

Hello there,

I have been going through the cdda2wav man page, and noticed that the -offset command takes sectors as an argument (starts offset sectors behind […]), not samples (like all the other CD-ripping software I’ve encountered).

So, the question is—if I know that my drive’s reading offset is 6 samples, how do I convert that to sectors (is it even possible?) and pass it to cdda2wav in order to obtain a rip that is offset-corrected?

Thank you.

Reply #1
As there are 588 samples per sector it is probably useless for offset correction...?

Reply #2
Use cdparanoia -O I guess.

Reply #3
Use cdparanoia -O I guess.

But I’m willing to use cdda2wav, not cdparanoia.

As there are 588 samples per sector it is probably useless for offset correction...?

That’s what I was afraid of.

EDIT: What do you guys recommend for ripping on GNU/Linux, anyway? I figured that the cdrtools package would be perfect, until I ran across this issue with cdda2wav.