Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)  (Read 178302 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)

Reply #50
Hello,

Thanks for the excelent app.

I am testing on Android.

Please let me start thanking again for the excelent accessibility support in the desktop version. Foobar 2000 is keyboard accessible on all the desktop version of Windows I know of, the playlist view features custom accessibility implementation so except of enhancing performance of super class ATL controls it not only preserves its accessibility support but making it work as good as possible.

Most of the accessibility stuff has been transfered to the Android app as well.
Majority of the controls are clearly labeled, however there are a few exceptions where image buttons don't have textual so called contentDescriptions.
This includes Search and Tools buttons on the main window where library browser is displayed.
The same can be said about lockscreen notification controls. I guess these are iconized buttons missing textual contentDescriptions.
Similarly some buttons on the Tools window mainly in the Settings and the DSP manager where they are expanding more settings are lacking this textual contentDescription.
These are all minor nits and I believe these can be easily addressed. If it may help, I can be more concrete here.

However either I am not clever enough or there are more serious issues when showing now playing screen (the screen which shows when tapping show play controls on the Tools window). This does not appear to be standard Android window and I don't appear to be able to navigate it using built-in android screen reader Google Talkback.
Can you please try to describe this screen to me a bit so I can at least find out what I might be missing?

Up to now I was only able to discover a library with its multiple views and search.
Is there a way to display the current playlist or multiple playlists like on the desktop version or this has been reworked to fit more with the mobile experience?

Have you formed an opinion on the accessibility topic such as what I'm trying to talk about here? Is it likelly you will be able to address some of the accessibility issues in the future?
Have you received some accessibility related feetback or am I the first one bringing it up?

Generally speaking all three platforms, IOS, Windows and Android have built-in accessibility support, IOS and Android devices are very popular among blind users and people with other impairments I would say.
If there is a way to cooperate here please do count me in.

Finally I have sent a crash report. I have launched the app, realized there are no tracks in my /sdcard/music folder, I've browsed by looking at file system tree to the /sdcard/Downloads folder, started to play a single not tagged MP3 file from there. After listening for a short while I have stopped the playback by using the Stop button found on the Tools window (the Window which shows up when tapping the next button on the top to the right of the Search). When the playback was stopped from the Tools window I have attempted to inwoke a context menu and right at this point Foobar 2000 has crashed. I'm running Android 6 on an LG G3.

Greetings

Peter

Reply #51
iOS Testing, iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

I have a question regarding the use of UPnP Server and playing files from the Documents Folder.

When playing music sent to the Documents Folder, the App only shows the filename. No artwork or tags show up. Is this a limitation of the software or is it a UPnP Server issue? The file was transcoded from lossless ALAC to mp3 and downloaded to the iPhone. Does UPnP not carry the mp3 tags over or is the issue the App not reading tags in files stored in the Documents Folder?

The music file plays perfectly.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #52
iOS: Version 1.0.20 appears to have gone live, it supports iOS 6.1 and up - that includes iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4gen.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #53
Will there be a version for Windows Phone 8.1?

Reply #54
Windows Phone 8.1 can be upgraded to Windows 10 mobile for free.

Reply #55
Will the ability to sync files/playlists/playback statistics/ratings with the desktop app be implemented in the final feature set?

Reply #56
Will the ability to sync files/playlists/playback statistics/ratings with the desktop app be implemented in the final feature set?

I am very interested in that too.

Will the Universal App replace the Win32 version at some point? or have more of the desktop features? I would love to run a RaspberryPI Windows MiniPC with Foobar2000 as the Music Server and playback statistics synced across all devices.

Reply #57
Universal will not replace the desktop version, they are quite different, not a one fits all design.

The syncing app is undecided at the moment.

Reply #58
Congrats on the release
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #59
Does it support adding a network (smb) drive folder to the media library?
I'd love to support that, but I know of no handy SMB interface libraries, other than the GPLed Samba.

Reply #60
So, Foobar2000 has no streaming support other than UPnP?  If I want to access my music when I am not at home, I need a different solution?
The feature set is not frozen yet.

Feel free to suggest what streaming protocol you'd like us to support, it will be looked into.

Ampache and Subsonic.

Reply #61
Is WASAPI interface available on Windows 10 mobile?

Foobar mobile is working great :)

Thank you.

Reply #62
Does it support adding a network (smb) drive folder to the media library?
I'd love to support that, but I know of no handy SMB interface libraries, other than the GPLed Samba.
It's a feature used on a lot of Android devices in this household to access music files shared from network attached storage.  Neutron Music Player allows this.  Most Android File Managers can access the NAS.  Hopefully you can find a library that would do a lot of the work in making this feature possible.

Reply #64
Thanks for releasing this, it's much appreciated. :)

Two remarks: Using the Android version, the things I miss most (obviously) is a 'now playing' view (the context -> last list view doesn't get me back there, but leads to something that looks like a crash), and the ability to display and sort by non-standard performer information fields (such as %performer%, %conductor%, %ensemble%, etc.)

Reply #65
Are there plans for a lockscreen widget on Android?

Reply #66
Erm....  :))

Perhaps the version of android matters? FWIW, I'm on lollipop 5.1.1.

edit: I do have an annoyance with the album browser which seems to be a design choice. Why is an album title like The Greatest filed under G ?? I guess you're sorting using something like $stripprefix from the desktop version and while I can understand why some users might like it for artists, it makes no sense for albums at all.

Reply #67
I have the Kitkat version (4.4.2) of Android and there is a lock screen widget.  It replaces the weather widget when foobar2000 mobile is open.  My phone is a Kyocera phone it identifies itself on any Wi-Fi hotspot as HTC device.

Reply #68
Version 1.0.21 for Android and Windows has been released on the stores.

Lots of bug fixes and tweaks on Android. "Last active view" context menu bug was pretty bad, now fixed.

Regarding the Android widget formatting, it's one of the things that changed in 1.0.21.

Reply #69
Working OK.

Seems that audio ouput selection (XAudio/other) has disappeared or moved elsewhere ? Probably not necessary?

Jan

Reply #71
I am OK with that.

Reply #72
Windows output mode choice was removed because only thing you can do with it right now is shoot yourself in the foot by choosing a mode that is known to work badly on your platform (desktop/phone). If I get bug reports about broken audio output, I want to be 100% sure they're coming from the good configuration.

Reply #73
Windows output mode choice was removed because only thing you can do with it right now is shoot yourself in the foot by choosing a mode that is known to work badly on your platform (desktop/phone). If I get bug reports about broken audio output, I want to be 100% sure they're coming from the good configuration.

OK :)

Reply #74
Super, thanks, ticks allmost all the boxes for me.
Only thing missing for me is a Linux version.
Stpuid questions do not exist.