Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a Grammar/Spell checker plug-in for Foobar2000 (Read 3043 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a Grammar/Spell checker plug-in for Foobar2000

Would like to correct the grammar and check the spelling of my music library little things like "Of" or of but obviously it's not practical to manually check each song..

Thanks

Reply #1
One way you could do this somewhat efficiently would be to load your entire library into a playlist, select all, right-click > Properties, then right-click a field like "Track Title" in the properties window and select "Format from other fields..."

Then under Pattern type:
$replace(%title%,Of,of)

Then repeat as necessary with whatever grammar/spelling rules you want to enforce on whatever fields Album Title, Track Title, etc.  There's also a slew of other $functions under Help > Title formatting help that might be useful to you as well.

Reply #2
*there
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #3
I use Mp3tag with some actions that changes e.g.:
dj > DJ
Feat > feat.
youre > you're
`> '

It can also use regex for more advanced scripting.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #4
For capitalization of titles using English rules (mostly following the Chicago Manual of Style), I use the actions in post #4 here http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=13145

Not perfect, but very good.

Reply #5
Alternatively, if you need real grammar/spell checking, you could do something like this:
- select all the tracks you want to check
- use the copy command or foo_texttools to copy a list of the tracks to the clipboard
- run an actual spell checker over that list
- use foobar2000s Properties->Automatically fill values (on the same selection of tracks, of course) to apply the changes to the tracks
not tested, but should work fine