Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Having trouble with Lame 3.99 and Audiograbber in W7 64-bit (Read 8122 times) previous topic - next topic

Having trouble with Lame 3.99 and Audiograbber in W7 64-bit

I have used lame together with Audiograbber some time on my old XP machine. And usaly on 320 kbps.

Now i downloaded latest lame the 3.99 on my new Wy 64bit pc. And i can only find 128 kbps here.
Ofc right now im making for my phone, so 128 kbps is good for that.

But think its strange that coding to 320 kbps is gone.
and reading on forum, indicates that it shud be possible with 320 kbps.

Tho i think i choos 64bit when download, maby i shud use 32 bit? even if computer and os is 64 bit?

Reply #1
I have used lame together with Audiograbber some time on my old XP machine. And usaly on 320 kbps.

Now i downloaded latest lame the 3.99 on my new Wy 64bit pc. And i can only find 128 kbps here.

Tho i think i choos 64bit when download, maby i shud use 32 bit? even if computer and os is 64 bit?

I don't know what you're doing but I've just checked the 64bit build I obtained via rarewares and it compresses in 320kbps no problems. What flags are you using when compressing? if no flags are present then it automatically defaults to 128kbps.

Reply #2

I don't know what you're doing but I've just checked the 64bit build I obtained via rarewares and it compresses in 320kbps no problems. What flags are you using when compressing? if no flags are present then it automatically defaults to 128kbps.

When i go to mp3 settings on Audiograbber and then choose external encoder. There it on program name, is on Lame.exe
then on Predifined arguments i can not see 320 kbps.  (I make screen shot)

Maby im the one not seeing it, but i realy dont see here where i can geet more than 128 kbps.. weel i see the one 160 kbps.

Is the settings other places?

Reply #3
It seems clear to me that this has nothing to do with Lame and as such I am going to edit the topic title and move the discussion to a more appropriate forum.

Reply #4
It seems clear to me that this has nothing to do with Lame and as such I am going to edit the topic title and move the discussion to a more appropriate forum.

It is the lame encoder that is the problem, sins Audiograbber is using the lame encoder. And i have installed the Lame encoder according to lame instructions.

audiograber is working perfekt

And i have absolutely no problems with my hardware.

Reply #5
The lame executable?

It is in no way responsible for populating selections in an Audiograbber drop-down list, or am I missing something?

PS: Please make an attempt to adhere to TOS #10.  Unintended misspellings are OK, but intended misspellings for reasons that include an attempt at being cute or being lazy are not welcome on this board.

Reply #6
Maby im the one not seeing it, but i realy dont see here where i can geet more than 128 kbps.. weel i see the one 160 kbps.

I'm not using Audiograbber, but looking at your screen shot, you will have to select "user defined" from the combo box, then enter "%s %d -V2" in your command line.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=LAME

Reply #7

I'm not using Audiograbber, but looking at your screen shot, you will have to select "user defined" from the combo box, then enter "%s %d -V2" in your command line.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=LAME

i gona try that. But in XP and older lame (Not remembring nr)
Al kbps options from Lame is on the drop list.

Reply #9

True options from Lame are available here (among other places):
http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lam...l/detailed.html

Reply #10

They are not from LAME.

The screen shot is from this one W7, the XP version get lame.  Audiograber just link me to lame, saying thats the encoder.
So yeas ur right. on the screen shoot its not all from lame. And as u se, its no high quality encoding there either.

Reply #11
Can it be, you used "internal encoder" settings on your old XP machine?

Reply #12

This is it. Problem solved, appears that older version of Lame Encoder can be used as internal encoder.

Reply #13

This is it. Problem solved, appears that older version of Lame Encoder can be used as internal encoder.

Download the lame_enc.dll and place it into the folder where Audiograbber is located, then you should be able to use the internal encoder settings again.

Reply #14

Download the lame_enc.dll and place it into the folder where Audiograbber is located, then you should be able to use the internal encoder settings again.

Thank you, that works. But it is slightly different.
on a slider, it spells VBR 0 on higest quality in stead of 320 kbps like the old one. But that does not matter. I guess VBR 5 is 128 kbps?
Wait, i think i see that somewhere. on a link.  I just look and see if i find that again.

Thank you so much Robert.