Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 5.3.0 Release (Read 5017 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 5.3.0 Release

This is really a pretty minor update, but I wanted to get in the fix reported here where garbage characters could get appended to imported ID3v2 TXXX tags (thanks Nejiro). This mostly applies to DSF files, but the ID3v2 import can now be used with other file types as well.

Since the integration with OSS-Fuzz there have been four issues discovered and fixed, plus many more discovered locally and fixed (using libFuzzer and various Clang sanitizers). None of these were exploitable and so I don't consider them at all critical, but they are worth getting.

Changes:
  • fixed: OSS-Fuzz issues 19925, 19928, 20060, 20448
  • fixed: trailing garbage characters on imported ID3v2 TXXX tags
  • fixed: various minor undefined behavior and memory access issues
  • fixed: sanitize tag extraction names for length and path inclusion
  • improved: reformat wvunpack "help" and split into long + short versions
  • added: regression testing to Travis CI for OSS-Fuzz crashers

As always, the sources and binaries are available on GitHub and (somewhat less securely) on my download page.

Thanks, and stay safe everyone!  :)

Re: WavPack 5.3.0 Release

Reply #1
Thank you for your continued work on this excellent codec. WavPack has been my primary lossless codec for a very long time now. Thank you, again!

Reply #2
Thnx for the new release :)

Reply #3
Many, many thanks. Keep the good work.

Reply #4
Hi Bryant, I just installed Ubuntu 20.04 lts and in the repositories there is wavpack version 5.2.0-1, how do I go to 5.3.0? Or if there are no changes can I also keep these that are here?
Thanks

Reply #5
Thanks.

Reply #6
Hi Bryant, I just installed Ubuntu 20.04 lts and in the repositories there is wavpack version 5.2.0-1, how do I go to 5.3.0? Or if there are no changes can I also keep these that are here?
Thanks
Hi Nejiro. You definitely do not want version 5.2.0 because that's the version that has the bug you discovered. :)

I would suggest either continuing to use the 5.2.1 that I built and attached to the other thread, or use the 5.3.0 binaries that I am attaching here.

edit: deleted binaries with libcrypto1.0.0 dependency.

Reply #7
In fact I saw that it has that bug, with binaries I can't do anything about it, I remember that I had done a procedure to update but I don't remember how to do it, it seems to me that I had put files on a system folder ..... .
Thanks

Reply #9
It no longer works if I put those files on / usr / local / bin, this error comes out
"wavpack -hmv --import-id3 *.dsf
wavpack: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 "
Thanks

Reply #10
So, I confirm that if I put the binaries that you have released, both those of the other tread and those of 5.3.0 on / usr / local / bin the program does not work, so I must necessarily use those of the repositories of 20.04 that have the bug ...... I can use it the same is not a problem, but in 18.04 it worked, here not ......

Reply #11
Sorry, I guess libcrypto1.0.0 is not standard anymore.

I have created a new set of binaries without that dependency. Good luck!

Reply #12
I always have to put them on / usr / local / bin right?

Reply #13
These are fine ....
Thank you very much

Reply #14
Great!   :)

Reply #15
Thanks a bunch, David, your work and superb CODEC very much appreciated.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #16
Thanks, bryant!

Reply #17
Thanks David, for such a solid, ever-up-to-date lossless/lossy format!

Nilson
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução