Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Additional Rainymood button, two tracks played simultaneously (Read 5792 times) previous topic - next topic

Additional Rainymood button, two tracks played simultaneously

Hello,

I'm great fan of foobar, but I'm also a great fan of rainymood.com. Therefore I wonder if it's possible to create an component that would:
1. Create an additional button on Toolbar
2. Activating this button would start and loop selected audio track (or even, for simplification, hardcoded audio track).
3. In the meantime it would be still possible to play tracks from user library, without affecting our background track.

I know that desired effect can be achieved just by opening web browser or second instance of foobar. However, it would be lovely to do this just with single window and with single mouse click.

Is there anyone experienced enough to say "Yeah, it's possible, now sit down and start reading tutorials/readmes/sample codes" or "Nope, get used to foobar + chrome combination"?

I would be really greateful for any answer!

PS If you've never heard of rainymood I really recommend listening to some Soul/Jazz (Dave Brubeck Quartet or Noriyuki Iwadare's Turnabout Jazz Soul Album) with rain sounds in background.

Reply #1
If you use some tricks it should be possible to get this mostly working, but overall I think it is not worth the effort. Especially if you are new to the foobar2000 SDK - and maybe even to C++.

Reply #2
If you use some tricks it should be possible to get this mostly working, but overall I think it is not worth the effort. Especially if you are new to the foobar2000 SDK - and maybe even to C++.

Thank you for reply! I'm no longer a novice, considering C++, but foobar SDK is still a black magic for me... Maybe sometime in the future...

Reply #3
FWIW, I’m sure there are much worse ways to introduce yourself to the SDK!