Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.4 beta converter behavior  (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

1.4 beta converter behavior

1.  in 1.4 beta 1 and 2 I have noticed that when a conversion is in progress t no longer says converting track x of why in the top left corner  now it simply says converting its a small cosmetic change but one id very much appropriate before final
 2. for whatever reason the  viewing/ sorting properties are altered for whatever folder they are saved in  the only solution for which is to reset the folder properties and resort by track # this never happened  prior to 1.4 please investigate

Re: 1.4 beta converter behavior

Reply #1
bump

Reply #2
What are you doing? Don't bump, people saw this.

Reply #3
Ok deep apologies i  was just far down the list and no one confirmed nor denied anything i was seeing so was unsure

Reply #4
No problem, I am 100% sure Peter and all the other developer see all that matters but they are very busy and reply only when something is fixed in a new release or if it's a really important bug.

Reply #5
wondering  if we can trust the converter component at all now ?

Reply #6
It's just a visual change, I'm sure he'll fix many more things before the final release. You can always verify the lossless rips anyway.

Reply #7
1.  in 1.4 beta 1 and 2 I have noticed that when a conversion is in progress t no longer says converting track x of why in the top left corner  now it simply says converting its a small cosmetic change but one id very much appropriate before final
The location you speak of is called title bar. I assume the index numbers of currently converted files filled the entire titlebar on Peter's new multicore workstation and were deemed useless. You still have track paths displayed on the window and a progress bar.

2. for whatever reason the  viewing/ sorting properties are altered for whatever folder they are saved in  the only solution for which is to reset the folder properties and resort by track # this never happened  prior to 1.4 please investigate
Sounds like you are talking about OS feature. Windows automatically guesses the type of contents in a directory based on files in there. foobar2000 has never done anything to affect this.