Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1925
Is there any way to temporarily disable the lyric search for when streaming audio/radio stations so as to primarily save on data costs searching for lyrics that don't exist (like for example, strictly radio stations, non-vocal audio streaming, etc.)?

Thanks. Trialing this, and so far seems to be working. What does the code mean though? And to reverse functionality (in this case, make it act normally again), I'll just remove the filter, I assume?

Reply #1926
@veksha
I wonder what the code means though?
$strcmp($left(%path%,4),http)
Can you explain what it really does?

Reply #1927
Thanks. Trialing this, and so far seems to be working. What does the code mean though? And to reverse functionality (in this case, make it act normally again), I'll just remove the filter, I assume?

yes. empty filter = no filter.
code means: look if %path% has "http" as first 4 characters. for streams it is TRUE, so the expression will return 1. this will enable filter.
for other files this expression will return 0 and this will disable filter.

Reply #1928
@veksha
Thanks a lot man. You guys are the geniuses scattered around the world that just make life that little better and bearable.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time now

Reply #1929
@veksha
Thanks you for your great plugin.
But I think it is not support special characters on Minilyrics.
I can found the lyrics with special characters on original Minilyrics software.
But in foo_multisource, it will never return any result.
If search in English only, then it is working fine.
I made a simple graph to explain the problem:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V8GPkkrZ1V8/YIlcbia_fDI/AAAAAAAAEvk/eH1rUeD60VgjQP6bf3bVENnNpZATo34JgCPcBGAYYCw/s0/foo_multisource.png

Reply #1930
v0.5 leaks 3 GDI objects per track. Could someone please fix that?

You can show the number of GDI objects per process in the Task Manager. I had this lyrics panel embedded, and foobar got to 6k or 9k GDI objects, at which point UI in other programs began to slow down. A workaround is to restart foobar or to keep the panel in a separate window and to close it from time to time.
It seems that I got the same problem... after playing about 30-50 songs the lyrics in the lyrics3 tab gets messed up (see -  https://i.imgur.com/OetcLW7.png )so I need to restart foobar.
This time before I restarted foobar2000 I've checked the "GDI Objects" column in Task Manager's "details" tab and found out that the foobar2000 line is about 8,000. So it seems that there's a GDI Objects leak.

foo_lyrics3 0.5
foo_multisource 0.32
Win10

Reply #1933
Foo_multisource version .33 crashed Foobar for me after 5 minutes of use with radio stations, anyone else having problems with it?  Reverted back to .31 and all is fine again--never had a single issue with that one.

Reply #1934
I can confirm this.
v0.33 crashes immediately. I went back to v0.32.

Reply #1936
hello veksha

v0.34 crash:
basically lyrics are found.
if i start "lyric search" myself, it crashes.

Reply #1937
v0.34 crash:
basically lyrics are found.
if i start "lyric search" myself, it crashes.

i can't reproduce any crashes, no matter how hard i try. can you upload crash logs? also give some info like - name of the song/os version/foobar version/LSP3 version/... thank you.

Reply #1938
.34 crashed immediately after changing a radio stream.  Crash report attached.  Foobar 1.6.5, Windows 10 x64 20H2.  LSP ver. .5.

Reply #1940
thank you. you should try 0.35 now. i believe i found my mistake.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Veksha (Växjö?) I put this through some pretty rigorous testing and this time all seems OK--endures rapid stream changes, responds to the "Next lyrics" command and cycles through database choices, returns Musixmatch results, etc., all without crashing  :)

Hopefully others will confirm--so far, version .35 seems good to go here.  Thank you for not giving up on it.  Please consider adding songlyrics.com to the databases.

Reply #1941
I put this through some pretty rigorous testing and this time all seems OK--endures rapid stream changes, responds to the "Next lyrics" command and cycles through database choices, returns Musixmatch results, etc., all without crashing  :)
Hopefully others will confirm--so far, version .35 seems good to go here.  Thank you for not giving up on it.
Nice. it's a mystery why it worked fine for me. i managed to catch an error only with external debugger.
Please consider adding songlyrics.com to the databases.
Yes.

Reply #1942
I confirm, everything ok
thanks

Reply #1943
@veksha,
thanks for your hard work. I noticed that after several successful attempts to find lyrics for different tracks (about 10 times or a little more), the search process does not stop.
If in the process of searching for lyrics, you try to shut down the fb2k, this will lead to its freezing.
Hi Sergey77:  has this issue in version .32 that you mention above still happen for you in the new .35 version?  All is working great for me here.

Reply #1944
@veksha,
thanks for your hard work. I noticed that after several successful attempts to find lyrics for different tracks (about 10 times or a little more), the search process does not stop.
If in the process of searching for lyrics, you try to shut down the fb2k, this will lead to its freezing.
Hi Sergey77:  has this issue in version .32 that you mention above still happen for you in the new .35 version?  All is working great for me here.

I'm aware of an issue when foobar2000 UI is freezing for couple of seconds when trying to close LSP3 panel when search is in process. that is because i'm not using http requester provided by LSP3 and using mine own direct connection..
i will try to fix this soon.

Reply #1945
Hi sveakul, veksha: perhaps the speed of searching for the text of the lyrics depends on the source server.
However, v0.35 seems to work more stable. Thanks a lot.

Reply #1946
@veksha,

in v0.36 i have fixed the issue when lyric search is continued to the end (all sources) even if user cancelled it in a midway (by cancel button, LSP3 closing or fb2k closing). so now there will be a lot less freezing in these situations.

Reply #1947
veksha: unfortunately, the behavior I mentioned earlier persists for version 0.36 as well.
I hope the dump sent to you will help you deal with this and fix it.
Please let me know if you need more information about this.

Reply #1948
veksha: unfortunately, the behavior I mentioned earlier persists for version 0.36 as well.

okay, thank you. i will try to analyze this.
meanwhile, you can try new version and report back about performance/speed of searching and stability.

- i have changed http lib for musixmatch and qq (new lib must be quicker/more stable).
- replaced musixmatch unsynced lyrics method (not scraping web, but using same API as for synced).
so there will be more speed for sure.
- also made a fix for artists/titles which consist of numbers only (like band "3" for example)

foo_multisource v0.37
EDIT: my lololyrics source is very slow for some reason. so avoid using it for now. i will look into it later.

Reply #1949

@Sergey77, after investigating a dump file i came up with the following fix: tell LSP3 to not wait for threads to finish. a little bit hacky, but i think it's stable. we should test it for some period of time to make sure everything is ok.

foo_multisource v0.38