Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Philips GoGear PMPs don’t support track numbers at all (Read 3017 times) previous topic - next topic

Philips GoGear PMPs don’t support track numbers at all

Someone I know bought one of the recent Philips GoGear PMPs and found that it allows browsing by artist or album but then sorts tracks within the album by alphabetical order.

The only way to sort by track number is to prefix the names of the files accordingly and browse in ‘folder mode’, with all the ugliness and kludginess that entails.

I felt the need to give people a heads-up about the complete absence of such a basic feature in an entire line (verified via Google finding hundreds of questions about various devices) of media players that are made by a brand that is supposed to be respectable. This is a complete embarrassment!

The funny thing is, I had a GoGear years ago and it supported track numbers. What a regression to have made.

Reply #1
And no, apparently making a playlist with your desired track order doesn’t work either. This is pretty unbelievable!

Reply #2
Yes, Philips products tend to be...what's the word...bad.

Reply #3
Port rockbox to it