Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: parametric stereo in DRM (Read 6753 times) previous topic - next topic

parametric stereo in DRM

Hello,

I am currently working on HE AAC v2 for DRM application. I am using a source code from ISO and i see that the parametric stereo feature is not compatible for a 960 transform length as ISO code supports only for 1024 transform length. However they state that it is compatible for 960 length but i see its only for the AAc core decoder.

I am looking for some theory/document which would help me for modifying the parametric stereo tool for 960 transform. I request if any one has come across similar issue or maybe some guidance. It would be very helpful.

Thank you.

parametric stereo in DRM

Reply #1
I know that DAB+ digital radio uses HE-AACv2 with PS and also has a transform length of 960. So, it is indeed possible but it appears to be a limitation of the reference implementation, not a technical impossibility.
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

parametric stereo in DRM

Reply #2
Actually, on further research on the site behind the link above (Opendigitalradio.org) it turns out they have "A free/open DAB+ encoder". In the changelog for the project they mention "AAC960 works now. All modes: LC/SBR/PS. Only for DAB+, not DRM."

That looks like it could be a good starting point for you.

parametric stereo in DRM

Reply #3
Hello Maurits,

I got the code and have started looking into it. Thanks a lot. I got some hint ;-)

parametric stereo in DRM

Reply #4
Hello Maurits,

I got the code and have started looking into it. Thanks a lot. I got some hint ;-)

That's good to hear. If you do manage to solve it and are legally able to share the code, it would be nice if you could share your findings/code with the Opendigitalradio project. I'm sure they would like to include AAC960 for DRM+ too...