Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: keep losing library after clicking individual music file (Read 2606 times) previous topic - next topic

keep losing library after clicking individual music file

I use windows 8. i use foobar 1.1.16.  I would add my folder to foobar and it would load just fine.  then when i would play files not in my playlist (go to specific location of file), my library is erased and I dont know how to load it back.  my information is as follows:

Code: [Select]
Core (2012-10-27 09:21:54 UTC)
    foobar2000 core 1.1.16
foo_albumlist.dll (2012-10-27 09:20:30 UTC)
    Album List 4.5
foo_cdda.dll (2012-10-27 09:20:04 UTC)
    CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2012-10-27 09:19:44 UTC)
    Converter 1.5
foo_dsp_std.dll (2012-10-27 09:20:22 UTC)
    Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_input_std.dll (2012-10-27 09:20:22 UTC)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_rgscan.dll (2012-10-27 09:19:42 UTC)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.1.2
foo_ui_std.dll (2012-10-27 09:20:04 UTC)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5

thank you

Reply #1
You mean that your playlist is erased, not your library. Those are different things. You can select which playlist new (incoming) files are send to in Preferences>Shell Integration. Also, you can set up your media library in Preferences>Media Library, by adding the relevant paths to the list at the top.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #2
media library selection path was already set up, but you did lead me to the right answer. thanks! i had to enable library viewer selection under preferences>media library

Reply #3
my problem was not fixed. sorry for the confusion. i also didn't know how to edit post, so i apologize for the double post. i still have the same problem.

let me reiterate. i add folder with all my music. i close foobar, open any sound file, and now that folder is lost. what am i doing wrong? i'd simply like to see all my music (from that folder) in foobar.

thank you.

Reply #4
I'm not sure I can follow you. You set up a folder to be monitored by the Media Library, it shows up in the Album List (Media Library viewer). You close foobar2000, and as soon as you play back any file and foobar2000 opens up the previously added filese are no longer shown in the Album List? Is that correct?

I'm still convinced that you are referring to playlists. Add a Playlist Manager to your layout (you can also use the quick setup option to do so), and create a new playlist, name for example "My Songs", to which you add tracks as you like. Now in Preferences>Shell Integration tick the box which says "Always send new files to playlist:" and set it to any other name, like "Incoming" or "Default". New files will then no longer reset your other, "my Songs", playlist.

Reply #5
ok this works so far.  thank you very much.
so ive set up the monitoring, and i want to add new monitored files to my new playlist.  how does foobar know which playlist to add to? how do i do this? i am very new to this, and i'd like to start learning how to configure certain things.  thank you.

Reply #6
ok this works so far.  thank you very much.
so ive set up the monitoring, and i want to add new monitored files to my new playlist.  how does foobar know which playlist to add to? how do i do this? i am very new to this, and i'd like to start learning how to configure certain things.  thank you.
You can select the Album List behaviour in the preferences. Normally it should send tracks to the currently selected playlist when double-clicking.