Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.1.13 final (Read 7770 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

foobar2000 version 1.1.13 final has just been released.

Change log:
  • Fixed ID3v2 regressions from version 1.1.12
  • Fixed playback-getting-stuck bugs with fade-on-track-advance enabled.
  • ID3v2 compliance changes: multiple TXXX allowed again, semicolon used for multiple genre separator.
  • Changed ID3v2.3 TYER/TDAT handling, now merged into one DATE field formatted as YYYY-MM-DD.
  • Fixed incorrect volume control behavior when cycling output methods.

Please feel free to use this thread for general feedback and discussion of v1.1.13, its changes, etc. Problems/bugs should be reported to Support.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #1
Is it possible that FB no longer recognises .m4v and m4p files in this release ... while they still work perfectly after renaming to m4a or mp4?! I've never noticed this before, so I think it's something that was introduced in either this or the previous release.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #3
So other than the TYER/TDAT change, all ID3v2 tag behavior is the same as it was before 1.1.12, right?

I'm not sure I get the question? Yes, if I change .m4v into .m4a or .mp4, behaviour seems perfectly as expected: tags and playback.

I did notice an issue with album art: some files that show it OK in iTunes will show the wrong picture (and always the same). After refreshing the art in iTunes (as simple as a copy/paste in the lower-left art display panel) the image shows up fine in FB too.

However, I think I was wrong stating that .m4p works after renaming - but I do seem to recall that I could play them in an earlier version (iTunes and QuickTime are installed so decoding ought to work through either of them).

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #4
I'm not sure I get the question?

cause it wasn't meant for you  it was in reference to the changelog

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #5
However, I think I was wrong stating that .m4p works after renaming - but I do seem to recall that I could play them in an earlier version (iTunes and QuickTime are installed so decoding ought to work through either of them).

Unlikely because foobar2000 have its own decoder and don't use decoders in iTunes or QuickTime.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #6
cause it wasn't meant for you  it was in reference to the changelog

You are correct. Sadly no one has answered my question.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #7
Since version 1.1.12, the Title Formating Settings are "Legacy, deprecated". I used to have a modified status bar to allow HDCD information to be shown, something like this:
Code: [Select]
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Now that doesn't do anything and I cannot even tell if the HDCD decoder works...
I would really like that feature back... or something similar.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #8
Not sure if it has to do with the new changes in regard to date handling but i just noticed it recently:

$year(%date%) gives back "0000" if day or month is written as "00" because they're unknown. Example: 1996-06-00

Edit:
Tags are written in id3v2.4!

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #9
Hi,
I used to have a modified status bar to allow HDCD information to be shown, something like this:
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Now that doesn't do anything and I cannot even tell if the HDCD decoder works...

I've just looked at my settings for the status bar and also played a FLAC and ALAC file from HDD that is HDCD. For me it works. Looks almost the same, only a "|" is not there in your config before the HDCD test. And this is only cosmetic.
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] | $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Greetings

Manfred

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #10
Yay! Multiple TXXX frames are back  .

Two things, however:

It would be better (not to mention grammatically correct, in English anyway) if TCON frames were joined using "; " instead of just ";".

"abcdefghi; jklmnopqr; stuvwxyz" is easier to read than "abcdefghi;jklmnopqr;tuvwxyz".

Having two different ways to separate multi-values in tags will likely cause confusion, so for the sake of user sanity and uniformity, I think it would be better if as far as inputting multiple values goes, a single method were used. I think a semicolon would be the best choice.

So Instead of typing " / " for separating multiple artists, one could input with either ";" or "; ", but of course " / " would actually be written to the tag. And in the genre tag, would could input either ";" or "; ", but "; " would actually be written in the tag.

I know this will cause some confusion in being able to discern between which tags come from single frames (with multiple values) and which come from multiple frames (with single values), but a possible remedy for this would be to add a frame count for each tag in the Properties dialog.

The easiest solution for the long term would be to add the ability for foobar to detect multiple values in other single frames  (hint TXXX frames hint ) like we now have for the TCON frame. Technically that would be more within specs than having multiple frames with the same description, and it has increasingly become a "standard deviation". A frame with a semicolon-delimited list only has multiple values if the software one uses has the ability to detect it as such. Only foobar forces me to use multiple frames, but then again, foobar is one of only a handful that allow use of TXXX frames. Most use comment frames for custom tags  , which sucks.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #11

Unlikely because foobar2000 have its own decoder and don't use decoders in iTunes or QuickTime.

Pity but so be it. What about the .m4v extension ... and the in-file album art thing?

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #12

Having two different ways to separate multi-values in tags will likely cause confusion, so for the sake of user sanity and uniformity, I think it would be better if as far as inputting multiple values goes, a single method were used. I think a semicolon would be the best choice.

So Instead of typing " / " for separating multiple artists, one could input with either ";" or "; ", but of course " / " would actually be written to the tag. And in the genre tag, would could input either ";" or "; ", but "; " would actually be written in the tag.

Wow, I really put my foot in my mouth with this. I popped off while apparently not knowing my a-s from my elbow. My apologies.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #13
I miss something in "Advanced/Tagging" options - "force preferred tagging scheme on all existing files" checkbox. I upgraded from 1.1.10 so I'm not sure when it was left out, but definitely I liked that option. Is it possible that one day it will get back?
Other thing is tagging of AIFF files - when it will be supported? It's not a silly question as Beatport sells optionally AIFF files that have one strong advantage over WAVE files - have all metadata and artwork embedded, but this functionality is still missing in foobar.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #14
It was intentionally removed, and presumably for good reason, so I doubt it’ll be reinstated.
“Force preferred tagging scheme” option gone - use the “MP3 tag types” dialog to convert between different tag types.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #15
OK - and how about AIFF tagging - reading and writing ?

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #16
Sorry: I don’t know. It has been requested already, but I don’t recall there having been any official comment. As the format does allow for tags (ID3) in an IFF chunk, it seems like a sensible feature.

foobar2000 v1.1.13 final

Reply #17
Since version 1.1.12, the Title Formating Settings are "Legacy, deprecated".
I would really like that feature back... or something similar.

+1
I also need to modify the status bar.
Thanks in advance.