Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Useful control panel keeps going off (Read 595 times) previous topic - next topic

Useful control panel keeps going off

Hi all,
I use foobar2000 v1.4.1 on Win10 with no extra component except ASIO. When I play my music and go afk, I lock screen and get a useful control panel with "now playing" feature and controls to change track or pause/play. I find this feature very useful. My problem is that it's very unstable and goes off suddenly and goes back on few days later. I don't even see any reference to this feature in the documentation. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this feature and how I got it ? I send a picture of the control panel when my screen is locked and foobar is streaming some (good) music.

Re: Useful control panel keeps going off

Reply #1
Hi there,

How curious, I've never seen this with desktop foobar. Did you perhaps download the mobile version from the Windows Store?

When you look at Windows Settings app > Personalisation > Lock Screen > and 'Choose apps to show quick status', what is the name of this music panel?

Cheers :)

Re: Useful control panel keeps going off

Reply #2
It's the Universal Volume Control integration introduced in foobar2000 v1.4. In addition to appearing on the lock screen it will also pop up on the desktop when you use multimedia keys to control volume or playback state.

I don't remember seeing any other complaints about it working unreliably. Only known problem related to it is foobar losing multimedia key handling when out of focus sometimes for some people.

I believe Peter is sure the feature implementation is correct and believes all problems related to it come from the fact that the feature is used from desktop even though it's meant for UWP apps. Because of the previously mentioned media key handling problem it's now turned off by default since foobar2000 v1.4.2 beta.