Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Milliseconds to Frames (Read 53198 times) previous topic - next topic

Milliseconds to Frames

Hi,

I extracted an SRT file from a m4a podcast but the times are in MM:SS, of which the seconds are also containing milliseconds.

I want to convert these times to SS:MM:FF (frames) but I have no idea how to convert the milliseconds to frames...

E.g.: 13:45,875 (13 minutes and 45.875 seconds) to MM:SS:FF?

Regards,
B

Milliseconds to Frames

Reply #1
One second has 75 frames, that is 1000/75=13.3333 ms equals one frame. So you have to round up or down the value. 13:45.875~13:45:65
Exactly it would be 13:45:65.625

Cheers
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Milliseconds to Frames

Reply #2
If your movie is 25 frames per second, then a frame is 1/25th of a second, or 4 ms.

eevan: where did you get 75?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Milliseconds to Frames

Reply #5
If your movie is 25 frames per second, then a frame is 1/25th of a second, or 4 ms.
That should be 40 ms (probably a typo)

I stand corrected.

@Juha: But we are talking about video frame-rate/timecode aren't we?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Milliseconds to Frames

Reply #6
That should be 40 ms (probably a typo) 
I stand corrected.  @Juha: But we are talking about video frame-rate/timecode aren't we?

Ofcourse ... just wanted to point where he digged that value from.