Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DBPowerAmp vs EAC? (Read 3702 times) previous topic - next topic

DBPowerAmp vs EAC?

Ok so I followed instructions for EAC posted on this site and it took a little tweaking but it all worked out kinda good. In the end I had my files in Flac format which was what I wanted. However, I had to manually name all of the things like title/album/artists/genre/etc which was a little slow.

So then I tried DBPowerAmp just for fun and wow, it was a LOT faster at converting and the interface was a lot easier to setup everything just how I wanted.

So my question is what are really the main differences between the two? I noticed DBPowerAmp is a lot faster at encoding to flac, is there some quality issues there... or what is going on?

Also DBPowerAmp automatically filled in all of the CD info for me, Im pretty sure you can do this in EAC but can anyone point me to how?

Thanks

DBPowerAmp vs EAC?

Reply #1
I don't know what you did wrong but eac tags your files automatically. I just installed it to make flac files and I even installed react which works with eac and it makes both mp3 and flac and tags them both all at once.

Right before you rip the tracks you click on Database and then on Get Cd Information From. Then rip the tracks.

DBPowerAmp vs EAC?

Reply #2
Thanks, figured out I had to enter an email address for EAC.

So is there any reason DB is so much faster at converting?

DBPowerAmp vs EAC?

Reply #3
which one is recommended to use? i'm still using eac 0.95 beta4

DBPowerAmp vs EAC?

Reply #4
So my question is what are really the main differences between the two? I noticed DBPowerAmp is a lot faster at encoding to flac, is there some quality issues there... or what is going on?

There is never a quality issue with respect to lossless encoding. All lossless files are of identical quality because they are all identical in quality to the original. The speed difference you are seeing is presumably because of a difference in compression, i.e. the faster-encoded files will not be as small as the slower-encoded files, but the size difference is generally small.