Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Iriver flac / vorbis bug (Read 3048 times) previous topic - next topic

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

I picked up a discounted E150 and much to my dismay it seems that the firmware has an issue where fields need to be capitalized - ie "artist" needs to be "ARTIST"

This conflicts with most rippers and transcoders. For new rips i can adjust the commandline, but how to do this for existing files and also ones that need to be transcoded to flac?

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

Reply #1
For editing existing files, I recommend Mp3tag.

How to:
Go to Convert > Actions and create a case conversion group to suit your needs.
For example, setting "Field:" to "_TAG" and "Case Conversion:" to "UPPER case" would convert all existing tags for all selected files.

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

Reply #2
have you tried to upgrade firmware?

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

Reply #3
I tried mptag but all it did was uppercased the characters in the tags and the problem remained. There is a new firmware but the changelog mentions nothing of this bug.

What does work is changing the ripper commandline from:

-T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

to:

-T "ARTIST=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "ALBUM=%g" -T "DATE=%y" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%n" -T "GENRE=%m" %s

How to do this using mp3tag ??

It seems I'm totally screwed with this bug and should take this player for a refund.

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

Reply #4
How to do this using mp3tag ??

In "Actions > Case Conversion > Field (drop-down menu)", use "_FIELDNAME". "_TAG" effects the field values, not field names. Hopefully, this will work.

Iriver flac / vorbis bug

Reply #5
Ok that worked but now I can't figure out how to get the tracks in correct order when copying in MSC mode. They look to be in track order but * play alphabetically !! *