Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: vgmstream plugin r1050-1468-gd1f16465 can't deocde xwav (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

vgmstream plugin r1050-1468-gd1f16465 can't deocde xwav

Hi, dear kode54. I want report a problem with vgmstream plugin.
Since which version, I don't remember. Currently I use  r1050-1468-gd1f16465 and it can't play xwav(rip from HALO 2 PC)

Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):

Re: vgmstream plugin r1050-1468-gd1f16465 can't deocde xwav

Reply #1
This file may be badly ripped? The RIFF length field specifies a size that is equal to the file size minus 4 bytes, which either means that 4 bytes were truncated off the file (it should be file size minus 8), or the size is wrong.

There are workarounds in the reader, but they don't appear to be employing properly for this file. There is a workaround for IMA ADPCM, like this file, but it only kicks in for riff_size == file_size, (and subtract 8) not riff_size == file_size - 4. (where it should subtract 4)

Re: vgmstream plugin r1050-1468-gd1f16465 can't deocde xwav

Reply #2
Thanks for reply, kode54.

I'm not very sure if these files were badly ripped, it was ripped using a tool called 'Gravemind' which is  for HALO 2 ripping only.

Maybe pc version difference...

Now I updated vgmstream plugin to r1050-1489-g03dd4383, and play xwav again. Thanks for your great work!