Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RSS feed improvements (Read 6645 times) previous topic - next topic

RSS feed improvements

I use RSS feeds heavily, and I find it very annoying that while HA's feed links to the latest threads, it doesn't link to the last post of those threads. I have to click on the thread title, which brings me to the beginning of it, then I have to click on the "go to last page" button and scroll down.

It would be really nice to add "&view=getlastpost" to those links. Also, it wouldn't hurt to include the first couple lines of the last post in the <description> tag of the item in the feed.

RSS feed improvements

Reply #1
If anyone is going to do anything about this, would it also be possible to make a feed for validated news only?
--
Eric

RSS feed improvements

Reply #2
If anyone is going to do anything about this, would it also be possible to make a feed for validated news only?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For validated news forum:
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ssi.php?a=out&f=2&show=20&type=rss]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ssi.ph...how=20&type=rss[/url]
It's not quite exactly what shows on the front page, but its the first 20 posts in the forum.

RSS feed improvements

Reply #3
Sweet! Thanks!

The news is the main reason I come here and I always spend too much time reading things that don't really concern me once I get here. Now I can pay more attention to what I am supposed to be doing.
--
Eric

RSS feed improvements

Reply #4
*bump*
May I at least get a yes or no answer?

RSS feed improvements

Reply #5
No. I doubt someone would care to change it. Everytime you custom make something you create more work for yourself in the future with updates.

RSS feed improvements

Reply #6
No. I doubt someone would care to change it. Everytime you custom make something you create more work for yourself in the future with updates.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346047"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mmm-kay... well, I've added a search & replace line in my script, so I got what I wanted by myself. That suggestion has been made on Invision's forum anyway.

RSS feed improvements

Reply #7
Changed RSS feed as requested.

There's also http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/rss.php but that doesn't seem to work correctly. I guess some PHP command needs to be added to "safely format" the posts but I don't know enough to fix that.

RSS feed improvements

Reply #8
I also was looking for a RSS feed of HA that takes me to the latest post. Garf, using that RSS feed you posted, I get results from the FB2K forums as well... which I don't really care to read about.

The main reason I want this is because I don't like feeds of new posts of old topics to find themselves before the much newer posts of much newer topics.

Any plans for updates of this style in the future?
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(