Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encoding HE-AAC v2 - Large Size/Bit rate issue (Read 3329 times) previous topic - next topic

Encoding HE-AAC v2 - Large Size/Bit rate issue

Hello, I'm encoding using foobar to convert FLAC to HE-AAC v2 (VBR3) using fdkaac.
It works perfectly but for some albums the size of the converted files are unusually large for that format (between 15 and 20 MB each). When I check a file using MediaInfo the 'first audio stream' says the expected bit rate (for example 46 kb/s) but the 'overall bit rate' is very large (447 kb/s for the same example).
I have tried it several times, on several laptops, also using CBR 48 kb/s, etc. the result is always large size/bit rate files.
Has this issue been discussed elsewhere on this forum? If not can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

Re: Encoding HE-AAC v2 - Large Size/Bit rate issue

Reply #1
Are you sticking some enormous album art in the file?

Reply #2
Would you like to present your command line from foobar2000?

Reply #3
Are you sticking some enormous album art in the file?

If his source files have enormous album art, he probably is without even knowing it.

Reply #4
Indeed, there was enormous album art in the files and I had no idea about it. Removed them and all is good now.
Thanks for the helpful comments.