Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Renameing files batch style (Read 1905 times) previous topic - next topic

Renameing files batch style

All my FLAC files have a extra space in the file name that I need to take out.

F:\FLAC Files II\Zykos- Comedy Horn\Zykos (Comedy Horn) SPACE_IS_HERE  - 06 - The Gambler.flac
F:\FLAC Files II\Zykos- Comedy Horn\Zykos (Comedy Horn) - 06 - The Gambler.flac

I have a few thousand of these. Which is the best and safest way to rename my FLAC files batch style?
Would foobar be the best? If so, how would I do it with foobar?

Thanks,
-Darin
Cowon Iaudio X5 30 gig. It rocks!

Reply #1
If all the files are well tagged then foobar would be good, you'll need to consider VA albums etc. as well.  We can't (or shouldn't) recommend foobar strings to you without knowing how you cope with multi-disc albums, VA albums, singles, etc.

Another, perhaps simpler, option would be to use a file renamer like ReNamer.  You could just choose to process the root directory and replace any occurrence of two spaces with one.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
All my FLAC files have a extra space in the file name that I need to take out.

F:\FLAC Files II\Zykos- Comedy Horn\Zykos (Comedy Horn) SPACE_IS_HERE  - 06 - The Gambler.flac
F:\FLAC Files II\Zykos- Comedy Horn\Zykos (Comedy Horn) - 06 - The Gambler.flac

I have a few thousand of these. Which is the best and safest way to rename my FLAC files batch style?
Would foobar be the best? If so, how would I do it with foobar?

Thanks,
-Darin

There's a handy freeware tool call "Ant Renamer" that's ideal for mass file name changes. It might be a bit dificult if the space is in different places in different file names though