Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413515 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #500
I am using LyricsDB myself a lot, almost every day ;) so I am aware of that problems. Just hoped they will solve themselfs ;)

By the way am I the only one so upset about new foobars? It became a little monster, and in a bad way. It does not look and feel as it used to do. Just can't stand the new user interface, so i am still using old foobar on my workstation.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #501
Except for $rgb() (something any self-respecting minimalist should have found abhorrent anyways) the new DUI is capable of looking exactly like the old DUI. Just use the "Simple Playlist Tabs" layout.
elevatorladylevitateme

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #502
Speaking of proxies...
Would it be possible for this component to use the proxy setting from the general Network Preferences?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #503
I am using LyricsDB myself a lot, almost every day  so I am aware of that problems. Just hoped they will solve themselfs

By the way am I the only one so upset about new foobars? It became a little monster, and in a bad way. It does not look and feel as it used to do. Just can't stand the new user interface, so i am still using old foobar on my workstation.

I just love my foobar with the panels ui! Cant live without it

And thanks man! The lyrics server is working greatt!!!

But hey i always wanted to say that this server doesnt have all the lyrics... Take for example the song "Mescaline" by "1200 micrograms"...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #504
But hey i always wanted to say that this server doesnt have all the lyrics... Take for example the song "Mescaline" by "1200 micrograms"...

That's what the "export to DB" option is for, lyrics are user submitted.
elevatorladylevitateme

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #505
sorry for the OT

I just love my foobar with the panels ui! Cant live without it

try the panel stack splitter

as shakey_snake said, you can edit and upload the lyrics..

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #507
Same here: I can access the home page and the artists.cgi page, but everything else (stats, last lyrics, manage lyrics, etc.) doesn't seem to work, nor exporting lyrics from foobar2000 works (some network problems, aborting).

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #509
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you use the web interface? I just uploaded some corrected lyrics and there's now there's 2 versions of the same song. I'd like to somehow deal with the incorrect version, but when I go to the page, there are no options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #510
I usually write lyrics to the tag UNSYNCED LYRICS; because that is what iTunes/iPhone uses. But if you do this, then lyricsdb cannot upload to the server automatically because it says the LYRICS tag is empty.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #511
I usually write lyrics to the tag UNSYNCED LYRICS; because that is what iTunes/iPhone uses. But if you do this, then lyricsdb cannot upload to the server automatically because it says the LYRICS tag is empty.

Really?! What a stupid bug. I'll try to fix this in the next plugin build which i am working on right now, thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #512
In the next update, would it be possible to allow Ctrl+A for select all as well please?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #513
In the next update, would it be possible to allow Ctrl+A for select all as well please?

somebody uses default lyrics viewer too? 
i'd love to, i just don't know how to do that yet  but i really want that behavior too. and some search...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #514
Also on the server (webpage) side, it would be nice if all logged in users could edit their own lyrics. Right now people need to gain some special permission to do that. On upload, the plugin sometimes screws up encoding for no obvious reason and currently there is no way to fix that as reuploading doesn't work.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #515
Also on the server (webpage) side, it would be nice if all logged in users could edit their own lyrics. Right now people need to gain some special permission to do that. On upload, the plugin sometimes screws up encoding for no obvious reason and currently there is no way to fix that as reuploading doesn't work.

acceped to fix in a week. if not so - blame me publicly.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #516
it would be nice to be able to configure this plugin to search additional sites like darklyrics for example

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #517
This plugin sounds great, I wanna try to use it to tag lyrics for all songs in my library.

Is there a function to only look for lyrics in songs that don't already have lyrics?

Becos I manually type and edit lyrics for some songs, and I'm afraid the plugin would overwrite faulty lyrics to these songs.

Sorry if my question has been answered, I haven't read through the whole thread yet

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #518

acceped to fix in a week. if not so - blame me publicly.

should be working now, and interface should be a bit faster

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #520
Is there a function to only look for lyrics in songs that don't already have lyrics?
Have you tried creating an autoplaylist with a criteria like %lyrics% MISSING?

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #522
the plugin seems to work but the db is crap. it finds neither german nor english lyrics 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #523
Then submit some lyrics to it so it is no longer 'crap' .
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #524
guys, you would not believe.

we do have a new version of the plugin!
It's alpha version, but anyway what's new:

1) fixed annoying nasty bug with the plugin hanging on lyrics requests while the server/network is down. You can just really [cancel] the requests now
2) added quick search within lyrics text: you can enable it by ctrl+f or f3
3) ctrl+a will select all the lyrics text now, in the lyrics editing window again

it's just first public built, so let me know if something is not working or uncomfortable

download links: alpha 1 and alpha 2

alpha 2 is the same plugin but compiled with older SDK so it should work in older foobar2000 versions.