Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Grouping library as folders (click on artist shows albums) (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

Grouping library as folders (click on artist shows albums)

I wonder if there is some kind of component, apparently, Facets cannot do that although I will keep searching, that let me group the albums as if they were inside a folder named by the artist. Then click on the artist and have access to all the albums. It does not matter if it does not show the cover art, I just want to try because I have been told that Facets is buggy, because cover art takes a while to load and because I want to reduce the amount of loading cover art, the artist tends to be less in number than albums in my collection. .

I know, because I just tried, that I can do it with the Default tree viewer but I just want to know if we can do it with Facets or another component too because I want to see the library as folders with the picture of the artist, not just a tree view if possible. Regards
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: Grouping library as folders (click on artist shows albums)

Reply #1
Check out the "library tree" component, it's similar to the album list but with more customization options.

Reply #2
Not exactly want I wanted, ty.

Reply #3
I could do that with Facets. You can set the "Album artist" in a column showing album covers—artists actually—and then on the next one "Albums" so you have a third column where you can set a text one with "Tracks" but as I said I would like to do it as in I click the artist and then show all the albums—as a workaround is not a bad one. On display in "Album artist", you have to mark show artist and then embed the picture of the artist or whatever you want to show as the artist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is just an example. I want to have it like that but I am adjusting my library in order to do so, as a result, you see a lot of artist without proper cover because this theme is not what I am using right now. I just did it to show you how you can do it.